Valvoline Synpower or Pennzoil Platinuim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go with either one -- whichever is the better deal. PP has shown to be a very good oil and seems to have gathered a good following here. But this UOA of SynPower (7000 miles TBN 2.85) looked good too. While Valvoline synthetics don't get as much noise around here, they look to be a very good (Group III/PAO) synthetic based on a few UOA's I looked at.

No brainer, PP. PP actually meets all the independently-validated specs it claims to meet, unlike Valv who intentionally misleads their customers about its capabilities.

Though it will be interesting to see how the recently reported PP pds/formulation tweak results in any changnes. Many have had experience with the PP named product, but not with the new formulation.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Fordiesel69
Where is valvoline on sale for .99?

here lately it has been buy on get one free at advance auto parts.

If you have a kragen, shcuks, murrays, or another affiliate of thse places you cab get it for .99 cents after rebate.

Originally Posted By: OilGuy
No brainer, PP. PP actually meets all the independently-validated specs it claims to meet, unlike Valv who intentionally misleads their customers about its capabilities.

Though it will be interesting to see how the recently reported PP pds/formulation tweak results in any changnes. Many have had experience with the PP named product, but not with the new formulation.

What new formulation are you talking about? I have 06' and 07' batches stashed.

There was a recent thread commenting on how the pds changed for PP. Spec hurdles didn't change, but they chose to tweak their formulation for some reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back