Using Castrol Profes 5w30 LL03 in Honda CRV K24?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dedonderosa
been using this oil for awhile now and i have not even noticed the slightest mpg hit at all. also i have noticed little to no oil consumption depending on driving style, as i use to have to add about 1qt 5k mile period using 0w20

OP thanks for bumping this thread and reporting back. Sounds all good to me.

Let's review where we are:
- free name brand full synthetic oil
- no MPG hit
- reduced oil consumption

Sounds like win, win, win to me.

I do like a good Castrol oil in the Euro grades like A3/B4 or C3 or even A5/B5 at the lighter end.

Just to be clear I was not saying there was no MPG difference. If the oil is thicker then there is one, but not one that you, me or the poster would be able to discern in real-world driving. All the research into thinner oils is not being done for nothing, at least on a corporate scale.

The converse is true when people post that they observed a "0.5 MPG" (or similar) change due to some variable in driving. Yes maybe you did observe that change but there is no way you can attribute it to one variable when all the other variables of everyday driving are uncontrolled.

In this case the reduced consumption would be paramount to me. That's huge.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Originally Posted By: dedonderosa
been using this oil for awhile now and i have not even noticed the slightest mpg hit at all. also i have noticed little to no oil consumption depending on driving style, as i use to have to add about 1qt 5k mile period using 0w20

OP thanks for bumping this thread and reporting back. Sounds all good to me.

Let's review where we are:
- free name brand full synthetic oil
- no MPG hit
- reduced oil consumption

Sounds like win, win, win to me.

I do like a good Castrol oil in the Euro grades like A3/B4 or C3 or even A5/B5 at the lighter end.

+1
thumbsup2.gif

....... and an additional 4th win .. in thicker MOFT throughout the oil's life.
Does engine hate thicker MOFT? .... or loves it ?

OP, thanks for the feedback.

yes guys by what i was saying i really did not notice any huge mpg loss, this oil has been great for me with no issues at all. Loving how it reduced oil consumption as well. just got a few more cases for free from a friend and i will continue to use it with confidence. UOA to be soon with results. thanks guys

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back