Used the Craftsman warranty today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 4-5 years ago, I took in a large 1/2" drive Craftsman ratchet to be replaced. The mechanism had froze up and was beyond repair. They could not give me an identical one, but I opted to get one that was as close to the old one as I could get. It was humorous that the new ratchet had a bunch of legalese warnings cast into the handle, where the old one did not.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
About 4-5 years ago, I took in a large 1/2" drive Craftsman ratchet to be replaced. The mechanism had froze up and was beyond repair. They could not give me an identical one, but I opted to get one that was as close to the old one as I could get. It was humorous that the new ratchet had a bunch of legalese warnings cast into the handle, where the old one did not.

People abuse Craftsman tools all the time. I am sure a pipe is used on ratchets as is a small sledge hammer. Either could lead to injury.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I was looking at the 1/2" ratchets tonight. The lowest price one is from China. The next one in price (smooth handle) is from Taiwan and the $80 fine tooth one is made in USA.

The smooth handle one is on sale now and is only $1 more than the one from China.

I pay less than $80 for Hazet or Stahlwille at local retail prices inc 19% MwSt.
At $80 just buy Snap-On Made in the USA for $75

http://store.snapon.com/Dual-80-174-Tech...6--P648782.aspx

Edit: i just noticed you are looking at 1/2" drive, i still pay less than $80 for the Germans but the Snap-On is a little more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back