Updated - My Oil Filter Stash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak

The dealer offered a lifetime engine warranty if I let them do all the service. I told them not in this lifetime.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: cp3
Originally Posted By: KevGuy
I have a feeling that those CT Motomaster filters are FRAMs dressed up in red?

Yep they are, here's a MPH3387A

Guess we don't really know anything about the media though, likely the same as an EG maybe.

Pleat spacing and color all screams Extra Guard to me, and I don't know why they'd do anything else in a store brand anyway.

Well, KCJeep, at least the Canadian Tire tech to whom they subcontracted the work didn't reef the filter on with a wrench or anything stupid. The drain plug was also easily removable. They just can't measure oil or use their M1 or Fram Synthetic filters.
wink.gif

On another thread, it was mentioned that experts feel the life of cellulose filters is about 3-5 years due to storage conditions such as humidity.

Just saying that keeping a very old stash and / or buying filters from sources where you don't know the age or storage conditions, may not be a good idea.

Originally Posted By: webfors
half my stash in the trash downwstairs are frams. Other half are purolators
grin.gif

Fixed it for ya.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
what can i say he likes fram. i bet there are a few closet OCOD'ers on here. :p lol

Funny you said that. I posted once a few months ago asking people to 'fess up to using the orange can. I too suspect there is lots of "filter fibbing" going on.

Yes, you are right. I am secretly an Orange Can fanatic. I have a couple hundred of them underneath my bed but not even my wife knows it. How did you guess?

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
what can i say he likes fram. i bet there are a few closet OCOD'ers on here. :p lol

Funny you said that. I posted once a few months ago asking people to 'fess up to using the orange can. I too suspect there is lots of "filter fibbing" going on.

Yes, you are right. I am secretly an Orange Can fanatic. I have a couple hundred of them underneath my bed but not even my wife knows it. How did you guess?

I am glad you came out of the closet on your FRAM fetish. Now you can live your long desired FRAM-full life as you desire.

Who else wishes to admit their FRAM fetish and have been doing filter fibbing?

Just for the record, I do not have a FRAM fetish.

Last edited:

Just for the record, I do not have a FRAM fetish.

Sounds like an intervention is required ... just like on the TV series.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back