Updated - My Oil Filter Stash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a good stash.

8028e20518bdd80b304fbb034f493db2.jpg

Last edited:
He must get his stroke off to people questioning his use of the cardboard end caps...

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
what can i say he likes fram. i bet there are a few closet OCOD'ers on here. :p lol

Funny you said that. I posted once a few months ago asking people to 'fess up to using the orange can. I too suspect there is lots of "filter fibbing" going on.

And only you would care about that, lol...

Oh well. This guy wants to advertise for FRAM by spamming a forum with nothing intelligent, rather then buying ads, let him.

Guy is like a car loving equivalent to a hipster. Find whatever makes no sense and embrace it so completely and pump off when it persistently offends people. Metal end caps are too mainstream.

Its easier then trying.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RiceCake
And only you would care about that, lol...

Oh well. This guy wants to advertise for FRAM by spamming a forum with nothing intelligent, rather then buying ads, let him.

Guy is like a car loving equivalent to a hipster. Find whatever makes no sense and embrace it so completely and pump off when it persistently offends people. Metal end caps are too mainstream.

Its easier then trying.

[censored]?? Where the heck did you come up with this conspiracy theory? Wack.

He shows 10 filters 4 Manns and two of the 5 Frams shown have metal end caps and 1 Motomaster....Doesn't look like a Fram commercial to me In fact it looks good to me.

Kev Guy,

Cool stash. Thanks for sharing! I love seeing all the different boxes. THe Mann Boxes always look cool and it's fun to see the other ones there too. It looks like a mini store.

How do you ever decide which to use? ha

Originally Posted By: Ayrton

Kev Guy,

Cool stash. Thanks for sharing! I love seeing all the different boxes. THe Mann Boxes always look cool and it's fun to see the other ones there too. It looks like a mini store.

How do you ever decide which to use? ha

Good question. I usually just make up my mind when I do the OC. For my next OC (sometime in Feb or early March) I'll use one of those Mann's and see what they are all about.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Nice Fram's Kev. Why do you have those other inferior filters?

Are any of those filters really "inferior?" If you use each filter for what they are rated for, they are all good.

Originally Posted By: KevGuy
Are any of those filters really "inferior?" If you use each filter for what they are rated for, they are all good.

Well, this is a comment more on Canadian Tire than Fram. When I bought my G used from a non-Infiniti dealer, of course it had fresh oil and a fresh filter. I'm not the trusting type, and that's a good thing. It turns out that the dealer who sold the car to me (a Chrysler dealer) has no cross reference to the factory filter. So, they took the car across the street to Canadian Tire for the oil change. Not only did I get the hideous CT red can of death, I got an extra litre plus of oil in the sump that wasn't called for in the manual.

The dealer offered a lifetime engine warranty if I let them do all the service. I told them not in this lifetime. If it had the Fram Synthetic filter and a proper amount of oil, I'd have had far more faith in them.

Is it just me or are the FRAM cardboard boxes buckling under the weight of the superior German Mann's?

OCOD almost = OCD

KevGuy, how long will this stash of 10 filters last you? Are you planning to buy any more?

I too suspect there is lots of "filter fibbing" going on.

Classic. Thanks for the entertainment KevGuy. Or should we refer to you as Sherlock?

Originally Posted By: Garak

Well, this is a comment more on Canadian Tire than Fram. When I bought my G used from a non-Infiniti dealer, of course it had fresh oil and a fresh filter. I'm not the trusting type, and that's a good thing. It turns out that the dealer who sold the car to me (a Chrysler dealer) has no cross reference to the factory filter. So, they took the car across the street to Canadian Tire for the oil change. Not only did I get the hideous CT red can of death, I got an extra litre plus of oil in the sump that wasn't called for in the manual.

The dealer offered a lifetime engine warranty if I let them do all the service. I told them not in this lifetime. If it had the Fram Synthetic filter and a proper amount of oil, I'd have had far more faith in them.

I have a feeling that those CT Motomaster filters are FRAMs dressed up in red?

Originally Posted By: MarkStock
Is it just me or are the FRAM cardboard boxes buckling under the weight of the superior German Mann's?

It's just you.

Originally Posted By: MarkStock
OCOD almost = OCD

KevGuy, how long will this stash of 10 filters last you? Are you planning to buy any more?

I too suspect there is lots of "filter fibbing" going on.

Classic. Thanks for the entertainment KevGuy. Or should we refer to you as Sherlock?

This stash should last me 2+ years.

I'm not planning on buying anymore filters anytime soon. My oil stash is only 2 oil changes worth, but I don't really stash oil that much.

I think I have 2 Motorcraft FL-820s and two Car Quest equivalents, 2 FL-400s, 1 Mopar filter for the wifes Van and 3 puros for the same. Nothing currently for the Beemer, I am letting the dealer handle it while under warranty (3yr 36K...awesome for a bike!). If I caught them on sale, I would roll with Frams, especially if part of a oil change deal. That being said, with motorcrafts under $4, its hard to justify anything else for my fords.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that those CT Motomaster filters are FRAMs dressed up in red?

Yep they are, here's a MPH3387A

Guess we don't really know anything about the media though, likely the same as an EG maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back