undercap PU pics, 56k beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ram01
Good but valvoline can do better
Do you have any info to support this or are you trolling?

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger

Just trolling. Just useless team cheering.

Originally Posted By: jayg

no no trolling theres plenty of forums and testimony supporting my FACTS that valvoline cleans and protects better than your wonderful PU . google it

no no trolling theres plenty of forums and testimony supporting my FACTS that valvoline cleans and protects better than your wonderful PU . google it

Care to share this info instead of just telling us to Google it? After all, you are the one claiming it, it is on your shoulders to back it up.

35.gif

...and don't go quoting the bottle!

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Originally Posted By: znode
What am I looking for
confused.gif

LOL, I am not sure we can make any conclusions from your pics.
21.gif

+1. Althoug I know a quality synthetic will help in the cleaning process.

Last edited:

I've used plenty of Valvoline and it does okay but I doubt that it could do better.
I'd love to see some hard evidence of what oils are most effective in removing deposits from a neglected engine, but I have yet to see any.
In my personal experience, any oil changed on short intervals will clean up a neglected engine.
OTOH, does it matter?
How many beaters do you see every day that have passed 200K?
Good bet that these engines haven't seen regular oil changes and that a peek under their valve covers would bring most of us to tears.
These engines just keep on running anyway.

PU and PUP have a lot of detergent calcium, both about 2,600 ppm according to the popular PQIA table, more than most oils.

However, Amsoil SS 5w-30 has 3,600 ppm calcium. Can we definitely say Amsoil is a better sludge cleaner?

What facts? I see an opinion. I've never seen a sludges valvoline engine but have seen plenty of varnished valvoline engines.

VWB is doing a decent job cleaning the MILs dirty engine but any SN oil should do decent at 3k ocis.

Not possible. If it were so Valvoline would let the world know. You are trolling.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

I've used plenty of Valvoline and it does okay but I doubt that it could do better.
I'd love to see some hard evidence of what oils are most effective in removing deposits from a neglected engine, but I have yet to see any.
In my personal experience, any oil changed on short intervals will clean up a neglected engine.
OTOH, does it matter?
How many beaters do you see every day that have passed 200K?
Good bet that these engines haven't seen regular oil changes and that a peek under their valve covers would bring most of us to tears.
These engines just keep on running anyway.

+1

Valvoline maxlife synthetic or synpower? Which cleans better? Should you use maxlife synthetic if you don't have any leaks nor does your engine consume oil?

Does pennzoil synetic blend clean as well as pennzoil yellow bottle or platinum or is it an intermediate? I heard pennzoil yellow bottle also cleans well

theres plenty of forums and testimony supporting my "FACTS" that valvoline cleans and protects better than your wonderful PU . I just can't post any "FACTS" at all, you see, because I am a troll.

There, fixed it fer ya.

How many times have you asked this same question on this forum?

How many times can you resurrect an ancient thread?

Why do you still call yourself engineer20 since clearly you don't know [censored] from Shinola?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back