undercap PU pics, 56k beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want an oil that cleans what is left behind... run some RTS 5W-40. I've never had an oil get black so fast, and I'm not talking about it coming out of diesel engines. It gets black faster than anything I've tried. The slowest to get black I've ever used is GC 0W-30. Castrol GTX is an oil to get black pretty quick if you have a dirty engine, also.

But RTS 5W-40... it really cleans to be just an oil.

Originally Posted By: 5sfe91
PP and PU might sound dirty but sure did help clean you're engine!
thumbsup2.gif

Lulz!

Now the question is where is all that varnish and sludge going? Do you really want to clean it all and have it washing down into the pan and then through the oil pump????

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
Now the question is where is all that varnish and sludge going? Do you really want to clean it all and have it washing down into the pan and then through the oil pump????

If it's properly in suspension, then it can go anywhere without causing any trouble.

It's a slow process, anyways. Like znode said, it should be in suspension, and cleaning with a good oil is a long processes. Depending on engine, and not even a horribly sludged engine, just a dirty engine... it could take 50,000 miles to slowly eat away at left behind gunk and junk.

Now I don't want to get flamed, but wouldn't this have occurred with prolonged use of PP as well? Your engine looks immaculate though
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Originally Posted By: znode
What am I looking for
54.gif

LOL, I am not sure we can make any conclusions from your pics.
21.gif

I agree, tough to draw any real conclusions.

Originally Posted By: Anies
Now I don't want to get flamed, but wouldn't this have occurred with prolonged use of PP as well? Your engine looks immaculate though
wink.gif

That's a good question! I thought about that as well. Honestly I thought my engine looked pretty clean for it's age and stuff. Looking back in 07 on how grimey it used to look, I thought it was good. Then using Ultra (bought the hype and wanted it) I looked to see how it was going. I seen that there was a couple of spots. That's when I realized that in 3 months Ultra ate away at the inside of the VC. And then 5 months into the OCI there is further missing gunk from the VC.

My reasoning on the post was mainly to show the inside of the VC becoming clean. I didn't really notice the areas of concern that I circled and posted. I got used to seeing those as their color. I only gauged the rocker arms and casting of the cylinder head as clean.

I definitely think its working wonders for you and appreciate you posting this information. Either way you made a good choice as its working quite well for you and giving you the results it is being marketed for.

I recently peeked into my Wife's 03 Grand Am and its spotless(was varnished before switching her over to synthetic). Car had 42k on it when we bought it and an unknown history. Switched her to M1 and after about 19k miles the inside is spotless. I can't say the same for my G6 as i have stupid baffle blocking the way, but it looks clean
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Anies
I can't say the same for my G6 as i have stupid baffle blocking the way, but it looks clean
wink.gif

You might be able to take it out. In my 4.7l Ram I can just pull the baffle out and boy am I glad I did that thing is a disaster!

What is the purpose for those baffle`s anyway ? To keep the motor oil from leaking out around the fill cap or something ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lexus114
What is the purpose for those baffle`s anyway ? To keep the motor oil from leaking out around the fill cap or something ?

That is my thought, I took the Valve Cover Baffles out of my Edelbrock Valve Covers and I have no oil that is leaking out.

I think these Baffles sometimes can restrict to some extent the flow of the vapors into the PCV Valve and they also have a tendency to build up grime and get clogged.

My guess is it is to catch the plastic rings that fall off the bottles of oil while people are pouring oil in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back