Trust Chrysler Dealer Filter for 10,000km???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not trust a Fram filter since they started cutting corners with cardboard end caps. I have heard many complaints over the last few years about various problems with them.

I think I agree with some, as in.. exactly what kind of filtration I'll be getting with a Mopar filter? The engine is still very new 15,000km (less than 10,000miles), and I've gone that extra mile/expense to use a good synthetic, so why not use a GOOD filter?

You read 98-99% efficiency on Mobil/PureOne etc filters. I've heard/read that dealer and/or Mopar filters are 80-86% efficient (Anyone know for a fact?) Never really doubted that the Mopar would last that long... Just how GOOD it would be at doing what it's supposed to!

The efficiency rating is only valid when accompanied by the microns it is supposed to be efficient at.

Synthetic filters are better at filtering small particles. The difference is not in how soon it will fill up, but in the size particles it will take out.

Originally Posted By: mimelio
Study for those filters was updated last year

The website may have been updated last year but the pics were not.

I don't use Fram but I bet they would be serviceable, cardboard and all, for a 3000 mile change interval.

You have to remember that it's just a paper filter element the cardboard is holding in place.

That said, I wouldn't put one on any of my vehicles.

The Purolators and house labeled Purolators from Pep Boys, AAP, etc. are the same price or cheaper and are better constructed.

As for the OP's question, the OE Mopar would be fine at 12,000 km.

If I were concerned at all about its use, I would put a Pure One on that Mopar and be confident that it will go the distance.

Pure One, Mobil One (premium filter by Champ non E-Core), Wix made includes NAPA Gold, Hastings, Donaldson I wouldn't even hesitate as they will easily go the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back