Truck Bed Cap?

?? In 2018 my ARE was 1800 or right around that. Paint matched, interior fold-down window (front), and carpet lined. Bought it through H&H, Home and Hearth.

I use my trucks like trucks and regularly load items with my tractor. I find caps just way too limiting, but I also live in an area of relatively low crime and sunny weather.

To me the beauty of a bed is the virtually unlimited height for tall items or stacked boxes, etc. If I wanted to be restricted by a roofline I'd get a van or full-size SUV

There’s another option no one has mentioned: a generic aluminum topper. I had one on my 04 Colorado. It was a Patriot brand (they are somewhat local) and had swing up windows on both side for easy bed access. They called it a “shop top“ and I had one quoted for my 2017 Titan a couple of years ago and it was around $1500 new. Probably a bit more now.

If I can find a photo I will post it.

I was wrong about the maker. The company is actually Swiss Caps. The aluminum models were called their Patriot line at the time. The factory is in Patriot, IN.

I build a winch hoist in my barn so I could just lift mine off and drop it back on whenever I wanted. That really was nice.

Attachments

• 821BC14D-0350-48E6-93EB-BB71FA2EF99B.jpeg
    821BC14D-0350-48E6-93EB-BB71FA2EF99B.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 7
I would love a hoist. @D60 makes a good point, the cap gets in my way a few times a year, but I’ll end up renting a trailer as it’s too much of a pita to remove and reinstall.

I would love a hoist. @D60 makes a good point, the cap gets in my way a few times a year, but I’ll end up renting a trailer as it’s too much of a pita to remove and reinstall.
You don’t need a barn, just some tall poles and a space you can back into. Before we built the barn I used to have my cap holder in the field behind the house.

Back