Anyone ever purchase/ install/use a Bedrug Classic Bed Liner ?

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Looking for feedback on a Bedrug Classic Bed Liner , for a 2019 F350 Super duty with eight-foot bed.

Usually, I go with spray in liners. I no longer have confidence anymore in the technician installing the liner. Corners cut and a poor application may mean the spray liner can turn into an irreversible disaster down the road.

I can't use a traditional molded bedliner as I use a underbed fifth wheel puck system. Ford states molded bed liners are not compatible with their puck system. I started looking at bed mats, and came across the Bedrug Classic Bed Liner. I never heard of this product, anyone have any experiences with it?

bed rug.jpg

I considered this when I got my truck. Seemed weird to me, like I wouldn't be able to keep it clean, traps moisture, etc. All my opinion.

I ended up going with a WeatherTech TechLiner w/tailgate. Easy enough to pull out and clean and clean under. Not sure how it would play with a 5th wheel setup.

just go buy an 8ft stall mat
if the inside bed sides get dinged up.. well they will just be ready for spray in bedliner in 5 years.

just go buy an 8ft stall mat
I have looked at the rubber mats, RockAuto has a decent price of $120, but shipping is $62 (cheapest). So for double the money, would the Bedrug me a better match, is what I am trying to figure out. The reviews on AMZN are very favorable for the Bedrug- but reviews on AMZN are often marketing, not actually owns, verified purchaser means nothing.

Many local truck accessory stores may have the rubber mat without shipping cost. Prices may be fixed at MSRP whether online or brick & mortar store, so it may be worthwhile to at least check.

Bed rug is fine if you don’t use the bed.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
Saw my first bed rug last week. That would be a no for me, hard to clean, absorbs water.
Use a Line X dealer for spray in, zero come backs in many years.

I was the National Sales Manager for Bedrug in the early 2000's before it was acquired by current owner Truck Hero. It is a fantastic product. I have it in every one of my trucks.

Pros and Cons to the Bedrug.

Pros:
Closed cell foam doesn't absorb anything. Wash out with a hose or better yet a pressure washer.
Bottom foam is cut to contour to your bed. Gives you a flat surface on top. Doesn't scratch the bed like a drop in.
Underneath has enough gap that it actually dries out pretty well in a couple of days after it rains/gets wet.
Super easy on old guy like me knees.
Super easy on anything that you put in the bed of the truck. Nothing slides on it.
Attaches with industrial strength hook and loop. You could take it out if you wanted to, although not sure why you would.

Cons:
It will tear. So if you are dragging say a transmission on it and grab an edge it will rip. Not easily, but it can.

The Bedrug in my 84 Chevy is over 20 years old. I work this truck and the Bedrug has handled everything I put in there. Engines, diffs, washing machines, old car parts leaking oil and covered in grease.... It looks like hell but it's still working. If they didn't discontinue the part number for this truck I'd probably get a new one just for looks sake, but it is still working fine.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Pros and Cons to the Bedrug.

Pros:
Closed cell foam doesn't absorb anything. Wash out with a hose or better yet a pressure washer.
Bottom foam is cut to contour to your bed. Gives you a flat surface on top. Doesn't scratch the bed like a drop in.
Underneath has enough gap that it actually dries out pretty well in a couple of days after it rains/gets wet.
Super easy on old guy like me knees.
Super easy on anything that you put in the bed of the truck. Nothing slides on it.
Attaches with industrial strength hook and loop. You could take it out if you wanted to, although not sure why you would.

Cons:
It will tear. So if you are dragging say a transmission on it and grab and edge it will rip. Not easily, but it can.

The Bedrug in my 84 Chevy is over 20 years old. I work this truck and the Bedrug has handled everything I put in there. Engines, diffs, washing machines, old car parts leaking oil and covered in grease.... It looks like hell but it's still working. If they didn't discontinue the part number for this truck I'd probably get a new one just for looks sake, but it is still working fine.
Thanks so much for the great information! I think the bedrug is likely the best match for what I am wanting to protect.

I have one- but only the mat. It is now dirty and stained, but it does work. I may have spilled some oil on it, so I need to see how easily that cleans out.

Last edited:
I was the National Sales Manager for Bedrug in the early 2000's before it was acquired by current owner Truck Hero. It is a fantastic product. I have it in every one of my trucks.

I've had one in my 15 F150 since new and have to agree. Excellent product. Mine looks new and has worked great for what is 8 years now. This was my first ever non-spray-in liner.

Honestly, I don’t find the bedrug as a replacement for a spray in bedliner. It is a supplement imo.

Imo you’re going to be into it over 1/2 way to a spray in bedliner with 2x the fuss and 1/2 the happiness.

I’ve never seen a bed rug that didn’t hold moisture. With an aluminum bed that might not be a big deal vs a steel bed.

IMO I’d simply find a different spray in liner company and call it a day. The installers are a dime a dozen ( well at least in my area). It will always have better durability and resale down the road.

Rhino and Linex can be found just about anywhere. Most auto body shops have a bay just for bed liners as well.

Imo you’re going to be into it over 1/2 way to a spray in bedliner with 2x the fuss and 1/2 the happiness.

I’ve never seen a bed rug that didn’t hold moisture. With an aluminum bed that might not be a big deal vs a steel bed.

IMO I’d simply find a different spray in liner company and call it a day. The installers are a dime a dozen ( well at least in my area). It will always have better durability and resale down the road.

Rhino and Linex can be found just about anywhere. Most auto body shops have a bay just for bed liners as well.
Agreed.

Not sure if this matters to @GON but Line-X premium was the only “approved” option by FCA when there was the material shortage.

Keep in mind that the top coat is essentially clear paint lol.

Also, Bullet Liner is becoming extremely popular in my area, not sure why.

Back