Tried Gas Buddy's cash back App. Hope it works!

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
When I filled up at Casey's today I used the Cash Back feature of the Gas Buddy App. Pretty easy to file, lets see if my CC is credited, 🙏

Anyone had good or bad luck

I'm just worried about having to have your bank account info out there. If it's like I suspect do they credit your account directly?

🍿I've been using Checkout51 or Upside for a few pennies (mostly to get them to the level I can withdraw).

What's the discount per gallon work out to versus a cash back card with 5%? Its a card that draws right from your checking account right not a credit card?

Nice!

I've been using the Upside app for about 2yrs. I've earned over $150 just in gas purchases. I'm lucky to have a few gas stations very convenient for me that participate with Upside, so it's super easy. All this app needs is the last 4 digits of the card(s) you use for it. When I earn about $50, I cash it out for an amazon gift card, etc.

🍿I've been using Checkout51 or Upside for a few pennies (mostly to get them to the level I can withdraw).

What's the discount per gallon work out to versus a cash back card with 5%? Its a card that draws right from your checking account right not a credit card?
I’ve been using GasBuddy for about 5 years now. Upside about 2. Never had an issue with hacking from either one. They’re legit. Want my referral code? 🤣

Reactions: JTK
I’ve been using GasBuddy for about 5 years now. Upside about 2. Never had an issue with hacking from either one. They’re legit. Want my referral code? 🤣
Huh? My question was what's the typical savings % (discount/gallon) versus a 5% cash back credit card. Gas buddy app makes it look like it's a card that links to a checking account, so no stacking the rewards from the app with a cash back credit card (unlike Checkout51 or upside).

Huh? My question was what's the typical savings % (discount/gallon) versus a 5% cash back credit card. Gas buddy app makes it look like it's a card that links to a checking account, so no stacking the rewards from the app with a cash back credit card (unlike Checkout51 or upside).
I’ve seen as low as 5c per gallon and as high as 38cpg with GasBuddy. It does link to your debit account; when you swipe, the full amount gets charged to GasBuddy, they process the discount, and the discounted amount is what gets charged to your debit account.

Upside requires you to charge your debit account directly, and then you get credited the discount in the app. Only taken Cashback once from Upside, as GasBuddy nearly always beats Upside on total discount. Upside seriously slices the discount if you try to pair with station/brand rewards.

I’ve seen as low as 5c per gallon and as high as 38cpg with GasBuddy. It does link to your debit account; when you swipe, the full amount gets charged to GasBuddy, they process the discount, and the discounted amount is what gets charged to your debit account.

Upside requires you to charge your debit account directly, and then you get credited the discount in the app. Only taken Cashback once from Upside, as GasBuddy nearly always beats Upside on total discount. Upside seriously slices the discount if you try to pair with station/brand rewards.
Upside works with a credit card too though (sounds like that is different than GasBuddy unless I'm misunderstanding) so you can stack. I've yet to cash out Upside either though.

Nice!

I've been using the Upside app for about 2yrs. I've earned over $150 just in gas purchases. I'm lucky to have a few gas stations very convenient for me that participate with Upside, so it's super easy. All this app needs is the last 4 digits of the card(s) you use for it. When I earn about $50, I cash it out for an amazon gift card, etc.
All I had to do was take a pic and upload. All the info they needed was on the receipt. Just getting my feet wet.

Reactions: JTK
Upside has rejected a couple of my receipts even though all info was visible. I have cashed out once and they paid in about 4 days.

Never had anything to complain about with GasBuddy.
I only had to take pics of my receipts for the first few months of using upside. Since then, all I have to do is launch the app, choose the gas station I am at and mark as checked in and paid. No receipts needed.

I use both upside and GasBuddy on the same purchase all the time with no reduction in discounts.

Back