Trax vs Tracker

I like look of of the current 2nd generation Chevy Trax and it got me thinking of the Chevy ( Geo) Tracker, one which I saw at the local Home Depot today. The Tracker had Japan roots through Suzuki but was also manufactured in Canada for a while. The Trax has Korea roots but is also manufactured in China. Here are a couple of screen shots.

1475B920-7A27-44CD-9B6D-75B15E1EDD86.png
A89AA7CA-3595-4B26-AD80-3698EF423BA6.png
B2F7B249-BC6D-4FD8-9F1A-8920F4250E4F.png

Last edited:
The new Trax looks pretty sharp. I didn't care for the prior generation. A friend of mine had the Suzuki Grand Vitara growing up and it was a really great vehicle. There's probably not many Trackers left in good condition these days. At least not here where we use road salt.

The new Trax looks pretty sharp. I didn't care for the prior generation. A friend of mine had the Suzuki Grand Vitara growing up and it was a really great vehicle. There's probably not many Trackers left in good condition these days. At least not here where we use road salt.

My stepdaughter has a Vitara, don’t think it’s the grand. Surprisingly good vehicle. I don’t think the suspension is any more sturdy than, say, a lifted sedan, but it has a lot of torque, has had fewer failures than any of our Hondas or Toyotas, doesn’t squeak or rattle, and doesn’t leak. It goes through a lot of oil. Drivetrain is .solid. It’s quite nimble and you could out-hoon its CG pretty quickly.

I just picked up a 4wd tracker for $1400 to compliment the samurai as a 4dr auto land car.. easier to load fam in, wife/mom can drive it. You would assume everything would be interchangeable with a grand vitara since they rolled off the same assembly line in Canada, but I’ve found that’s not always the case at least mechanically.
IMG_4975.jpeg

Back