Questions for the “only oils with approvals!” crowd- API vs good oil engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.
180 replies and counting , still waiting for that one example premature engine failure related to engine oil.. :)

180 replies and counting , still waiting for that one example premature engine failure related to engine oil.. :)
Why do you think anyone owes you anything?
You don’t understand difference between track time and racing, you literally didn’t own any vehicle that you claim you know how they operate, and yet, somehow someone here owes you something.
Check definition of confirmation bias.

I've seen BMW engines which were either run too long or with the incorrect oil. Typically a consumer isn't likely to fess up in these situations when facing a four figure repair bill.

yeah, but its the old they let it go too long poor maintenance practice story.

Why do you think anyone owes you anything?
You don’t understand difference between track time and racing, you literally didn’t own any vehicle that you claim you know how they operate, and yet, somehow someone here owes you something.
Check definition of confirmation bias.
Edy, no one owes me anything, but I didn't start this thread... I believe the hypothesis proposed at the beginning of this thread is unprovable and no one will be able to point out otherwise...

hence my opinion is that paying top dollar for custom lubes is a waste of money for most people.

I don't know where your race track comparison comes from,or the BMW thing,but this thread wasn't about race cars or BMW's, it was about a color comparison of one engine's internal parts versus a color comparison of another engines internal parts that used a custom lube..

Last edited:
Edy, no one owes me anything, but I didn't start this thread... I believe the hypothesis proposed at the beginning of this thread is unprovable and no one will be able to point out otherwise...

hence my opinion is that paying top dollar for custom lubes is a waste of money for most people.

I don't know where your race track comparison comes from,or the BMW thing,but this thread wasn't about race cars or BMW's, it was about a color comparison of one engine's internal parts versus a color comparison of another engines internal parts that used a custom lube..
If hypothesis is unprovable then you have to show why! Not telling people to provide you evidence bcs. you think someone owes you something.
Track reference comes from page 7 in your discussion with @TiGeo about his vehicle. Which proves how much you don’t know about subject but you find appropriate to constantly jump into it from some authority position.
So, contribute something, and that is not: I am still waiting pictures.

Edy, it is just about impossible to prove a negative regarding a general claim..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back