Toyota oil filter housing wrench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in search of a decent toyota 4 cylinder(2.7) oil filter wrench. Anyone that can steer me in the right direction? The size...Part number...

If you can figure out what the Toyota part number is for the wrench, you can get the original tool on Ebay.

I had to buy mine at the dealer on an emergency basis for a used car I had. I had 5 or 6 oil filter wrenches/straps and none would work. The dealer had one for around $20, it was a common request.

I was in a bind and bought one from the dealership parts department, as the three nearest parts stores didn't carry one. Paid north of $20 and it wasn't even a Toyota-branded too, don't recall what the brand was though.

jeff

I can't suggest a specific brand but I had problems with a Toyota filter housing that must have been put on by a tech who was trying to prove how strong he was. Every filter wrench I had that fit that housing slipped before it would loosen the housing. Then I bought a filter wrench which had notches in it and those notches grabbed the tabs which are on the outside of the filter housing. That notched wrench worked like a charm and the housing spun right off. So, I would recommend only that, whichever brand wrench you decide on, that it has notches to grab the tabs on the housing. I do have other non-notched wrenches which have worked on other Toyota housings but that one housing wasn't coming off until I had something to grab those tabs.
-Valentine

Originally Posted By: Bobcttoyonine
Assenmacher toy640 at Amazon or Tooltopia or Advance Auto parts.It is excellent.

X2

Works great.

Saw one on my last visit to O'Reilly's.

It was clearly marked for Toyota vehicles.

The same cap wrench works for my Mazda's Bosch 3300/FRAM PH6607 size filter too.

Originally Posted By: My442
Assenmacher toy640 at Amazon or Tooltopia or Advance Auto parts.It is excellent.

X2

Works great.

Same here

Originally Posted By: HangFire
Originally Posted By: jcwit
The whole set is available at Harbor Freight for $7.29 and yes 1 fits the Toyota.

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-end-cap-oil-filter-wrenches-94096.html

I have that set. The first time I tried one it cracked completely in two.

So did you return it to get a replacement for the defective on or just throw it away??

I'd place a bet if it was the more expensive one say made by Westwood you would!

Bingo. This is the best option. Amazon has it cheap

Originally Posted By: jcwit
So did you return it to get a replacement for the defective on or just throw it away??

I'd place a bet if it was the more expensive one say made by Westwood you would!

I made the strategic decision to let it go unreported, in hopes HF would go out of business by continuing to sell junk and [censored] people off.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back