Torque Wrench calibration in the South Bay Area?

I would like to have my Snap On 3/8" torque wrench re-calibrated. I use it mostly for spark plug work; the Corolla I just did was like 13 lb/ft.
@The Critic or anyone in the South Bay Area have a recommendation? What's the cost nowadays?

Thanks in advance.
1695077576551.jpg

If you don’t need the calibration certificate- buy a strain gauge torque adapter, put the male end in a vise, and hook up.
The accuracy of the Snap-On SD series is +/-4% clockwise, 20% scale to full scale. A GOYOJO JT-SZNJT strain gauge torque adapter is +/-2% clockwise and only $30.

Last edited:
Frankly, if I was concerned about torquing stuff in the 13 ft-lb range, I’d probably avoid using that one altogether. I’d take the money spent on calibration and buy a quality us made and calibrated one with the correct range to be accurate.

Frankly, if I was concerned about torquing stuff in the 13 ft-lb range, I’d probably avoid using that one altogether. I’d take the money spent on calibration and buy a quality us made and calibrated one with the correct range to be accurate.
It's a pretty nice torque wrench. I mostly use it for spark plugs.
1695414831426.png

It's a pretty nice torque wrench. I mostly use it for spark plugs.
View attachment 179936
No doubt it is, but if you’re going to pay $x to calibrate a wrench to use it in a portion of its range that’s not really the intention, then you may be better served with something else.

CDI Torque 2502MRMH 3/8-Inch Drive Metal Handle Click Type Torque Wrench, Torque Range 30 to 250-Inc https://a.co/d/fqX7HQK

No doubt it is, but if you’re going to pay $x to calibrate a wrench to use it in a portion of its range that’s not really the intention, then you may be better served with something else.

CDI Torque 2502MRMH 3/8-Inch Drive Metal Handle Click Type Torque Wrench, Torque Range 30 to 250-Inc https://a.co/d/fqX7HQK
Makes sense. I have a Tekton in/lb that I could use. I just wanted to get the Snappy calibrated, just so I know. I inherited my tools from my older brother who owned and operated Comprehensive Mechanics in Santa Cruz, CA. Greg got cancer and passed at 44. He left me his tools. That was about 1995. Of course I really enjoy using his tools, it's almost as if he was here helping me.

Makes sense. I have a Tekton in/lb that I could use. I just wanted to get the Snappy calibrated, just so I know. I inherited my tools from my older brother who owned and operated Comprehensive Mechanics in Santa Cruz, CA. Greg got cancer and passed at 44. He left me his tools. That was about 1995. Of course I really enjoy using his tools, it's almost as if he was here helping me.
Sorry about your brother. Nice touch about you feeling he is there helping you. I have inherited tools from my Grandfather that I never really knew. Also some tools from my brother who passed about 8 yrs ago.

Back