Top selling vehicles in US 2022

I'm shocked to not only see the Subaru Crosstrek and Outback on the list but also to see them ahead of other very common and popular vehicle models. Subaru has had a great struggle in getting vehicles to market over the past two years due to the vehicle component shortage but they have absolutely no problem whatsoever selling every single thing they produce in short order. The Forester has been such a stalwart in sales for them that I am shocked that it has been surpassed by not only the Outback but the Crosstrek in particular, which is now the highest selling Subaru model.
I am saying this for a long time, Subaru Outback replaced Toyota Avalon and Camry as new Buick La Sabre. They offered incredibly boring and dull product that many people want+AWD+clearance+shameless marketing.
In Colorado Springs is largest Subaru dealer in the country. It is like mushrooms after rain.
But, they found recipe for what people want.

Weird year, Some dealers had cars, some were shooting for $10k over MSRP. I'm not sure what to make of this list. 2022 was not the year to purchase a new car as far as I could tell.

They will sell a bazillion of 'em. There's a reason for it. I would love to see one. Wonder how they will price it?
The pricing last time I checked was $27,500 MSRP for the base model. The AWD model costs more but I wouldn't need that since I have a couple 4x4's already. The car is supposed to be on the showrooms in January however I have not seen any for sale yet. I agree they will go off the floor like free beer.

For the most part that list surprises me. Lots of really large vehicles on that list.

I'm 6'5" and cannot imagine having a 6,000 pound, 20 foot long daily driver. Even our Passat is larger than I prefer.

Scott

The average is $45,000 for buyers :( . Oil is predicted to rise over $100 . Great combo . Larger vehicles also contribute to more maintenance of roads ( taxes at all levels ) .

Back