Top 3 Dino oils?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ryan2022
My picks based on cold performance and good all 'rounders would be
havoline, valvoline, pennzoil. We can only get the mobil super 1000 up here, but if I could get mobil clean 5000, that would be in my top few. Castrol gtx is great, but I cant find any cold pour specs, and it seems pretty heavy at -30 compared to the others.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know what Mobil Clean 5000 cold flow specs are comared to havoline, valvoline, pennzoil?

Never mind...just found this: Mobile Clean 5000

Mobil Clean 5000
5W-20
5W-30
10W-30
10W-40
API Service Classification SM/CF SM/CF SM/CF SM/CF
Gravity, API 33 32.6 30.8 30
Specific Gravity 0.860 0.862 0.872 0.876
Pour Point, °C (°F) -39 (-38) -33 (-27) -36 (-33) -36(-33)

From that link, I read this:

"Forget the myth that synthetics cause leaks. The formulations of decades ago were pure PAO (group IV) that had poor solvency and tended to shrink seals. All of today’s formulations have esters or other ingredients that make them totally compatible with the seals, and the better ones will actually reduce leaking after a couple thousand miles."

So... should what is the final consensus on this? People are still saying here on BITOG that synthetics will let your engine leak. Don't play word games, I know they don't cause, force, etc. your engine to leak. No matter how you word it, I'm just saying that this quote is going against that completely, saying it actually helps STOP your engine from leaking. What do you all think?

Originally Posted By: vxcalais
By the way, on that article, on Page 21 Point 34...Forget Aftermarket additives...is this a stab at the Auto-Rx maintenance cycle ??? Like he recommends the initial treatment throughout the document, but here says a maintenance dose of 1-2 ounces etc. 'displacing anti-wear additives on the surface area'.

And as i have mentioned above, goes against what Auto-RX are saying about adding a maintenance dose. But i cannot see how 2 ounces will really affect an oil will it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back