Tomorrow my life changes forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome2.gif
little one !

Congratulations! For various reasons, we chose to have just one child(no minivans! Yay!). And I have to say that the first 16 months were the hardest(he didn't sleep through the night until he got tubes in his ears- after that our son was incredibly well-behaved and a joy to parent.
My only bit of advice is to enjoy the journey; it is hard to believe my son is almost 21 and a Junior at South Carolina. I have never regretted putting my car and motorcycle projects on hold(mostly) in order to invest more time with my son.

Originally Posted By: Brad_C
Indeed. My life has become :

"Honey, I just need to do some work on the car"
"Sure, how long will it take"
"About 3 hours"
"No worries"
.... 45 minutes later
"Are you nearly done, this kid is doing my head in"

It's never worth saying no. The correct answer is "It'll take me 15 minutes to clean up and wash up and I'll be in there".

.....And now there's another one on the way
33.gif

Oh well, another 10 years or so and they can help me change the oil.

Congratulations on your new arrival. Hope both mother and baby are all happy and healthy. The greatly diminished "me" time is actually worth it.

+1 Although with our two boys, they are getting old enough to keep each other entertained outside for quite a while between injuries and unresolvable disagreements.

Congratulations. Watching a little child grow up is a miracle. I wish you and your family the best.

Originally Posted By: dja4260

Cute pic.

Now I'm going to offer you some unsolicited advice.

As a new parent, every parent, non-parent, grand-parent, friend, neighbor, stranger on a web forum and stranger on the street is going to spend inordinate amounts of time giving you advice, recounting anecdotes and generally telling you how to parent and be a better parent.

Learn to nod sagely and thank them for their input, then (unless it makes complete and instant sense to you) ignore everything they said.

Kids don't come with a manual, and aside from some general human traits (like eating, sleeping, screaming and filling nappies) yours will be completely different to mine and everyone elses. You do what is right for your family and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise, but when they are offering advice don't push back. It only creates friction, just nod and ignore.

If I can offer one piece of real advice, for the first 12 months, both of you sleep whenever you can get it. Other than that, enjoy parenthood. It's better and more rewarding than pretty much anything I've ever done.

Congratulations. Make the most of it, they grow up quickly, ours are now 21 and 28 and the time has gone so fast.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
I see a soccer van man in the making, no more toys...

I heard somewhere about lots of vroooom vans... turbovan, and other goodies
perfect sleeper maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back