Tomorrow my life changes forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is 41.5 weeks pregnant. She's getting induced tomorrow. We're ready to give our baby girl a fantastic life. We waited until the time was right. Still doesn't ease the nerves.....

Enjoying football in silence as those days are gone!

Congrats dude!

Thanks for the service too.
thumbsup2.gif

I have 2 Children 1 boy, 1 girl. Both adults now and being a parent to them was the best years in my life. Spend all the time you can with your Little girl. The time goes by so fast!!! Enjoy and Congratulations

Congrats!! its a great and wonderful thing. Take pictures, I brought my SLR in there and got some great ones.

Just soak it all up. Enjoy it. Even the 3am holding of the baby where you realize you just fell asleep standing up
smile.gif

And support your wife most of all. If she has to go c-section, there's recovery. If she tairs in the skin south of the birth canal, she may need stitches. Even if the baby just slides out without issue, shell still be in pain and recovering.

Keep your own head. Docs will push you into a lot of stuff that isn't necessarily needed or sound. Id personally look for a more spread out vaccine schedule too, rather than filling an infant with heavy metals and junk. Our child is fully vaccinated but didn't use the standard schedule, which is really to minimize insurance company's payouts.

Don't sweat the baby losing some weight, and chances are it won't want to eat all the time. Some docs pressure on that too. Its smart to listen to advice, but do your own research. Learn to read NEJM, JPeds and others. Listen to old timers. But be smart and don't turn your back to docs just because they're pushing something. Just listen to your gut - which will get upset and you'll get confused and worried.

But its all an awesome time. You'll be so proud. Congratulations!

Originally Posted By: Inspecktor
Congratulations! Babies are a joy- I miss having small ones around the house. My grandkids live in AZ, so don't get my fix often enough. Enjoy!
You better go and get it .

I see you are in the Midwest. Huge tip, with cold and flu season coming... Buy a suction bulb from the hospital, the walmart ones are soft junk. I found myself in the local ER at midnight buying one for $6 and finally getting my 3werk old baby (2002) some relief from snot. Seriously.

Also, plead with anybody who has been sick but still wants to kiss and hold and hack near baby.... To wait until healthy.

And sell the motorcycle
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: CT8
I have 2 Children 1 boy, 1 girl. Both adults now and being a parent to them was the best years in my life. Spend all the time you can with your Little girl. The time goes by so fast!!! Enjoy and Congratulations

A lot of work, many sleepless nights when they're sick, but overall it was the best years of my life too.

Congratulations and THANK YOU for your service to keep us all safe at home. Of all professions, someone like you who are wearing uniform to serve our country have my most respect and admire.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: Inspecktor
Congratulations! Babies are a joy- I miss having small ones around the house. My grandkids live in AZ, so don't get my fix often enough. Enjoy!
You better go and get it .
They are coming to visit next week, first time up here in 1 1/2 years. Can't wait!

Originally Posted By: dja4260
97 Sportster- Amsoil
Sub 8 sec. 1/4 drag boat
622ci BBC- M1,Amsoil,Rotella

How much are you asking for these?
wink.gif

Seriously though, congrats!

Originally Posted By: dja4260
My wife and I are both teachers. I alone have 1000 students. It's hard to keep germs away....
The students are loaded with Cooties

congrats! Cherish the years with them. Take lots of pics and vids, they grow up real fast! and wash your hands often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back