Timing belt pics

Anyone has pictures of your timing belt upon replacement? My 02 Accord V6 looked great when changed at 125k miles. Vehicle has about 220k miles now and the whole kit is under $200 from Gate. I am thinking about having it done in 10k miles at the same time as serpentine belt and apart plugs and possibly brake pads. This is simple because the person I use work out of his garage and every job is a drop off and I live 30 mile away and has no business going that direction.

Also need to call Honda dealership to demand final answer on airbag recall as they kept jerking me around with no parts available during covid and now it is computer is down or service person handling recall is out on call. It has been 4 years and 6 visits and 5 calls.

#1 use the Aisin kit. Parts are near identical to oem with the pulleys being exactly the same as oem. When was it done? That would do it more than mileage at this point. When I did the RLX at 123K @ 8 years, it looked almost identical to a new OEM belt. Just the markings were worn off of the OG belt.

Oh and no pics... Sorry.

#1 use the Aisin kit. Parts are near identical to oem with the pulleys being exactly the same as oem. When was it done? That would do it more than mileage at this point. When I did the RLX at 123K @ 8 years, it looked almost identical to a new OEM belt. Just the markings were worn off of the OG belt.

Oh and no pics... Sorry.
I had it done at 125k using Gate kit and paid someone to do it out of his house. Wasn’t cheap labor but I was helping him out and since it us still running, I am going to say he did good job. He is not as nearly busy as this guy I am using so j can expect to go and wait around for a few hours while he works on the car. Kinda lost his #.

I still have the original belt and water pump I. The garage.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-release...a-alpha-recall-do-not-drive-warning-targeting this should clarify things. Might have to input your vin on the NHTSA site to see how many recalls are on for your Accord. Article says that parts are available. Don't know the exact part numbers, but all airbags that I could find for the Accord are available online.
Thanks. I’ll check the site abd hopeflly it is not em the affexted vehicle as I don’t trust them to open my hood and tinkle around for things to upscale and screw stuffs up. The car has been fine w/out ever visiting the stealership for free state inspection and oil changes the first 7 years.

I keep getting letters from Honda saying I need to get it done. 5+ years ago, this dealership said the record showed it was done but their printer was down. I know it wasn’t down because I never brought it in for the accord. I brought the Fit in and it smelled of glue afterward. And the last 5 years had been a constant jerking around. I may buy another Honda but not from there where I bought my 2 Hondas. Calling Honda USA on Monday.

Austin kit costs $170 at AAP. Gate kit cost $150 from car parts so it is practically the same. I’ll go with whatever the best quality and i at least know the gate is good since it has held up for 14+ years and 100k miles. OEM had 125k and 8 years and came out looking new.

I have heard that Gates quality has taken a tumble since Covid got here. You might also consider replacing the outside tensioner and roller
if you still on the original parts.
Thanks.

Aisin it is. Available at AAP for about $170.

Not sure if I want to get it now and schedule a change the next few months and get another 10k miles before change. 10k Mike could take another 18 months. This will likely the last belt and water pump install as the Fit is just a better car to keep running past 300k miles in term of fuel economy and utilitarian.

Hitting Wally now to see if those oil deals are still here. I got a 3k mile trip coming up this summer.

I'd say do it. You'll save a little on labor for the serpentine belt since that has to come off for the timing belt.

Need to order the kit, find spark plugs (which Amazon and several places don’t carry for 02 Accord), serpentine belt, coolant (I recall having to change it out last time when doing belt and water pump, and check to see if I need brake pads too.

Not a convience place to have service done so I try to lumps things together as I have to leave the car for a day or 2. Maybe I do that when I need to be out of town anyway.

Oh and no pics... Sorry.
This was used on my Lexus in 2016 (Aisin). No real need to use OE. But it wasn’t from eBay or Amazon. The indie shop got it from WorldPac (returned all old parts and boxes and the shipping label was on it and had my name their shop). I have the original parts at 83k and they all look brand new, including the belt.

Spark plug part no. for NGK is NGK 95839 for the ruthenium's. They should be good. Run them in both Acs and they run like new. RockAuto has a bunch of plugs in the ignition section. Make sure you get real Aisin or OEM parts from a trusted source.

You don't want knockoffs ruining a perfectly good j-series...

Spark plug part no. for NGK is NGK 95839 for the ruthenium's. They should be good. Run them in both Acs and they run like new. RockAuto has a bunch of plugs in the ignition section. Make sure you get real Aisin or OEM parts from a trusted source.

You don't want knockoffs ruining a perfectly good j-series...
Thanks.

Rockauto still good? My buddy got chicom knock off okug for his V8 Mercedes from rockauto

Partgeek good too? The aisin kit is available at AAP for $170 so I don’t know how much other place carry it since AAP is normally 29% or kore on most things as you pay fir the convenience

Thanks.

Rockauto still good? My buddy got chicom knock off okug for his V8 Mercedes from rockauto

Partgeek good too? The aisin kit is available at AAP for $170 so I don’t know how much other place carry it since AAP is normally 29% or kore on most things as you pay fir the convenience
For me RA is still good. Be careful and keep an eye out. Haven't used PartsGeek too much. Don't usually need stuff from them. AAP is probably good. Just make sure that you get good parts. I'd usually say NAPA, but they are listing it at $530 on their site. Yeah... I'd get OEM for that price.

Back