The Green is Back with a VENGEANCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you may have seen my post about a Castrol Distributor 2 miles from my house, well I stopped by today and they were unloading some Castrol 0W-30 (sort of a new label).

I tried to buy some, but they said it was all due to be shipped to local Autozones for restocking once their sale is over with. I did notice a slightly damaged pallet, and they let me take a pic of one of the bottles:

newgreenis4.jpg

my.php

Can it be
banana.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
well like I said, they didn't let me take any away, and I didn't write down the code, but it was definitely M07 something.

april shmapril, that green oil that you see is the real deal.

So. This is Castrol 0w-30, with "made in germany" written on the back? It has the newer bottle type, with "European Formula" in the yellow box. And it has a 2007 date code on the bottom? And it's GREEN?

The word Castrol looks like it is half white and half gold. I have 2006 GC and the word Castrol is all white.

If this is the new SM rated German Castrol, thank you for showing us. I really appreciate it.

After doing some net searching. I really hope this is Castrol Edge 0W-30, but repackaged for the american market. Some one, hopefully, would take one sample to the Gas Chromatograph (like we did with GC green & GC gold).

This might make things interesting, there would be "New Green" and "Old Green" GC.

If this is some type of April Fools joke, I hope you get banned.

Sorry, had to do an April Fools Joke
smile.gif

My other post says they don't open till monday

You bad! I haven't seen that shade of green since Linda Blair lost her lunch while her head spun around in The Exorcist!

Quote:

How did you do the two-tone color scheme (white and tan) on the large "SYNTEC" on the front of the bottle?

Yep, Photoshop. I had planned on making it say "German Formula" in the red and yellow spot, but I thought that would be a little too much
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back