The end for Clarkson / Top Gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further update.

British PM David Cameron has come out in favour of saving JC because his kids will be heartbroken.
Check it out on the Daily Mail Australia website.

The Hamster thinks JC is an idiot.
Captain Slow has stated that he generally likes JC, but thinks JC is a D**k.

Over 5000,000 + online signatures to the petition to bring back JC. Apparently it's a record for change.org.

When questioned on the matter, JC claims he's "just off to the job centre".

ITV is preparing a 10 million pound job offer for JC.

Last edited:
If the policy for assault on a co-worker is automatic
dismissal the BBC MUST carry it out. They will be open to lawsuits if they don't.

I'd say JC is being accurate when he says he is
"just off to the job centre". The only thing we are waiting for is the official press release from BBC.

It will be BBC's loss. I agree it may have to be the action taken, but it will hurt the BBC...oh wait, they are publically funded, no real loss, taxpayers cover the difference!

Anyway, JC will be back on TV, making more than ever in no time!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
It will be BBC's loss. I agree it may have to be the action taken, but it will hurt the BBC...oh wait, they are publically funded, no real loss, taxpayers cover the difference!

Anyway, JC will be back on TV, making more than ever in no time!

The BBC does not have an unlimited budget, they have recently been required to reduce their budget by 20% while there has bees a freeze (in the UK ) of license fees, which is there main sorce of revenue.

It's because the BBC do not carry advertisments that they are able to tolerate the views of people like Clarkson.

Personally I think TG has jumped the Shark. JC and the BBC might think so too, and move on.

The beeb do tend to quit a show while it's ahead.

Originally Posted By: Ducman
I think you may very well be right.

Time for us all to move on?

No, remember the BBC is a leftest organization that considers Clarkson too male too white and one who doesn't tow the PC /party line. They have been waiting for their chance to purge Clarkson from the BBC.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I am not sure how many of *you* would be able to punch your boss and still keep the job!

That's not what happened though. The person allegedly assaulted did not file a complaint. Days later a higher up at the BBC Danny Cohen heard about it and suspended Clarkson. Cohen does not like Clarkson. Cohen is inline to be head of the BBC and has been trying to fire Clarkson for years.

I am not sure if in our company a formal complaint would have to be filed if the incident was viewed by other employees. Of course, we don't know for sure exactly what happened. Ultimately, it will be the decision of the BBC whether to terminate him for the cause or not. JC can sue BBC if he thinks he had been wrongly terminated take his case to court or he can take the fat severance parachute and pop up somewhere else for more money. I am not shedding any tears for JC or BBC!

I don't see where MOST of the UK. I saw the word many, would could be as many as 12
wink.gif

Without real numbers, it's a meaningless article.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Here is an interesting tidbit I wasn't aware of:

Most of the UK actually doesn't like Clarkson?

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/news/most...-AA9C52q#page=1

Somebody who worked a while on the show was surprised that Clarkson was suspended - because he is notoriously difficult to work with anyways and witnessed many heated discussions. It was implied that this incident had something to do with Clarkson not being happy with the way something was being done and that he went too far. The article said that Clarkson will probably be back and this is the BBC's way of slapping his wrist in order to prevent him from going TOO bat-guano nuts...

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Did you see that now apparently the BBC have cancelled the rest of this series?

Yeah, for this season at least.

Quote:
The Sun newspaper, in which Clarkson writes a regular column, quotes him as saying: "I'm having a nice cold pint and waiting for this to blow over." It also quotes a "source close to the star" denying Clarkson punched anyone.

James May said he did not think the situation was that serious

The BBC had announced Clarkson's suspension in a statement which said: "Following a fracas with a BBC producer, Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending an investigation.

BBC

So? In America most people hate Gilbert Gottfried, Rosie O'Donnell, Howard Stern, Larry David, Jerry Springer... They can have an underlying, real-life trolling sense of humor that some "get" and some just can't understand. Walking the line.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
I don't see where MOST of the UK. I saw the word many, would could be as many as 12
wink.gif

Without real numbers, it's a meaningless article.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Here is an interesting tidbit I wasn't aware of:

Most of the UK actually doesn't like Clarkson?

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/news/most...-AA9C52q#page=1

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
When BBC refers to a "Series" that would be a season for those of us in the US.

The British term series refers to both, the collective episodes as well as to a batch of episodes, commonly called a season here in the US. Season 1 would usually be referred to as series 1 and so forth in the UK, but the term season is also being used increasingly, especially when it comes to US shows. Also, British series or seasons have usually considerable less episodes than their US counterparts, commonly six episodes. For example, Sherlock has had merey three episodes plus one special per series.

hotwheels

why do i read the Discussion threads after the stories on this.

so many people making the same stupid comment over and over , that have no idea how this show is made... they keep complaining about how they can't understand why the BeeB is not airing the remaining shows that they've already filmed, and then talking of the bbc taking another hit from lost advertiser revenue.

I know most of you guys probably know all this, but i just need to get this rant off my chest, with out signing up for ANOTHER site, just to yell at some people.

1) the Full episodes are not Filmed. just the non Studio bits.
the parts in studio, (lead-ins to the filmed bits, "the News" "SIRPC", etc) are shot on the Weds before transmission.

2) There is no lost advertiser revenue, because the BBC isn't Commercial Television. there are no Commercials, it's basically a public, OTA Subscription service. you have to pay an annual license fee to get the channels.(yes this is an over simplified comparison, but in general it works)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back