The end for Clarkson / Top Gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see that show.

Instead of TopGear this weekend, footage of Clarkson at a sensitivity retreat.

Heck, send all the presenters for maximum effect.

Originally Posted By: Ducman
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Clarkson can return after a weekend sensitivity retreat.

I like that.

Originally Posted By: javacontour

I like that.

What about an episode at the retreat.

Perhaps they could review and test ride some push bikes.
Or electric golf carts.

Certainly would test Clarkson's patience.

Originally Posted By: javacontour

I like that.

What about an episode at the retreat.

Perhaps they could review and test ride some push bikes.
Or electric golf carts.

Update.

According to the Mirror.co.uk website.
The fracas was over a catering issue with a producer that's been with the show for over a decade.
It was the producer's responsibility, and he failed(the producer should've known better after all these years).

There's an online petition to save Clarkson with over 65,000 signatures and counting already in just a few hours.

Gahh I can't stand him. This is a big whatever for me.

Although I can't tell if it's just an act or affectation...in which case I don't hate him, just his front
laugh.gif

I've always like his honesty. He wasn't delicate with the truth. Not always right, but spoke his mind. Its what made the show, not the other less controversial blokes on the show.

Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93
As outragous as he can be, he draws a lot if attention and makes WAY too much money for the BBC for them to fire him!
This ^.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
The best part about Top Gear UK is the interaction between Clarkson, Hammond, and May. The first season without Hammond May was not great, much like the first season of Top Gear USA. TGUSA pales in comparison to TGUK, partially due to the hosts and the balance due to the show not having to appease sponsors.

one Correction. The First Series was Clarkson, Hammond, and a Fat Used Car Salesman...Jason something...
May was introduced in the First episode of the Second Series as "The New Guy", doing a story on owning an older luxury car, vs a similarly Priced contemporary model.

at the time he was living in Central London, and his only car was a Bently T2.

http://youtu.be/S9S3apSDwbQ?t=24m40s

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hotwheels
Originally Posted By: aa1986
Apparently he punched someone. 2 more shows have been postponed.

What will happen next? Who knows. But I think this will divide the nation and the UK will never be the same.

Let me put some meat on those bare bones: I don't know if this story is true. It could be just an effort to besmirch Jeremy Clarkson. I will reserve judgement until I have read more about this case from other media sources than the BBC, which I strongly suspect to be an agenda-driven media outlet.

hotwheels

The voice of the UK, currently a conservative administration is running the nation.

Originally Posted By: hotwheels
I will reserve judgement until I have read more about this case from other media sources than the BBC, which I strongly suspect to be an agenda-driven media outlet.

hotwheels

ALL Media outlets are agenda driven.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
The best part about Top Gear UK is the interaction between Clarkson, Hammond, and May. The first season without Hammond was not great, much like the first season of Top Gear USA. TGUSA pales in comparison to TGUK, partially due to the hosts and the balance due to the show not having to appease sponsors.

The biggest failure of US top gear was not having the right guys, Jay Leno would have been a good start.

Secondly they have to be able to actually make fun of the cars. Imagine GM getting in a tizzy if they bashed a new Cruze or Buick like the UK guys do.

Update.

According to the Mirror.co.uk website.
The fracas was over a catering issue with a producer that's been with the show for over a decade.
It was the producer's responsibility, and he failed(the producer should've known better after all these years).

There's an online petition to save Clarkson with over 65,000 signatures and counting already in just a few hours.

Thanks for the heads-up. Signed it.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Secondly they have to be able to actually make fun of the cars. Imagine GM getting in a tizzy if they bashed a new Cruze or Buick like the UK guys do.

That's the advantage for the viewer of it being produced by the BBC. Jeremy et al had no reason to worry about the commercial implications of what they said.

The biggest failure of US top gear was not having the right guys, Jay Leno would have been a good start.

Why would having the unfunniest man on TV be a good start?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak

Why would having the unfunniest man on TV be a good start?
wink.gif

I heard Clarkson punched a weird bitog dude. Garak, you OK now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back