The best suspension parts in todays world?

I have my doubts about the finest part. TWO front wheel bearing AND a pair of ball joints all for less than what I paid for ONE single rear wheel bearing alone made in Japan?

All I can say is - so far nearly everything I bought from them has lasted without issues for tens of thousands of miles. While KYB and MOOG failed in less than a month.

CTR and Delphi are the best ones to use.

For sway bar links and other parts with that hex key in the middle (which will always strip due to rust), CTR is by far the best because they use a nut on the other end instead. CTR is an OE supplier based in South Korea.

Delphi chassis parts are good quality because they are made by Disa/Deeza.

Out of those listed I only trust Delphi, MevoTech, ACDelco. Availability isn't the greatest though, so I do use Detroit Axle and TRQ, before I even consider MOOG or MONROE.
They're that bad these days eh? I remember when I first entered the automotive service industry 24 years ago everyone considered it the best.

I have bought Mevotech in the past few years I believe.

Here are my go to's when upgrading from stock.

Truck - King, Bilstein, Fox.

Car - Bilstein

Motorcycle - Ohlins, Cogent Dynamics, Fox

They're that bad these days eh? I remember when I first entered the automotive service industry 24 years ago everyone considered it the best.

I have bought Mevotech in the past few years I believe.
They were good, pre-2019. Can't remember what happened that year, but their quality was never the same afterwards. MevoTech did good for me so far. So did Detroit Axle and TRQ.
While Moog, Monroe, and KYB keep charging much higher prices for half the quality of previously listed brands.

They were good, pre-2019. Can't remember what happened that year, but their quality was never the same afterwards. MevoTech did good for me so far. So did Detroit Axle and TRQ.
While Moog, Monroe, and KYB keep charging much higher prices for half the quality of previously listed brands.
I bought kyb shocks off Rock Auto at least 3 years ago now. Around 50-60k miles ago now and they still feel good, with near max payload. They were getting good reviews around that time, hopefully the change came after?

How long do you expect to keep the car? Buy oem factory parts or their identical aftermarket replacements if you want them to last. They may cost two or three times as much but you won't have to replace them again in two or three years. Otherwise, stay away from parts made in China. It might not be easy to determine where a part is made, but when I was looking for a wheel bearing for my Impreza, I found pictures of the $108 BCA bearing saying it was made in Japan. The $94 Timkin or SCHAEFFLER pics didn't say, and the $40-$80 bearings I didn't even bother to look at. Ordered the BCA.
Its 3 cars (family), prob will be keeping each for 50k miles more. They're all babied I don't see any reason to let them go earlier.

You can't just assume one brand is best. Take it on a vehicle by vehicle case, specifically what options there are for each part.

Is this a high performance vehicle or are you stuck on the idea of "best" without really needing more than "good"?

Often the parts choice comes down to a few major brands and a consideration of whether there is a significant price difference. Some people will instead just tell you to pay the premium for OEM branded parts. If that OEM branded part is the same as what came from the factory and the original achieved acceptable service life, that isn't the worst idea.
By good I mean buy once cry once. Not looking for cheap Chinese bs that I have to keep warranting.

I couldn’t tell you a generic brand to choose. In my opinion it’s going to vary between vehicle brands. I like to research and choose either oem of it’s reasonable or find the oem manufacturer of the parts. Otherwise I’ll just look on rock auto, find a part and brand that looks good and then see if people have had good luck with that part and brand on vehicle specific forums.
Thanks for your suggestion.

All I can say is - so far nearly everything I bought from them has lasted without issues for tens of thousands of miles. While KYB and MOOG failed in less than a month.
I am a big fan of KYB, ive brought many of their shocks. People also overlook the Federated Auto Parts "SRT" home brand of suspension parts. Their shocks are good for the money and haven't failed me.

What are your guys favorite suspension parts, need to rebuild some of my cars suspensions so looking deeply into my options.

Many many brands to choose from such as Delphi, Autotechnia, Moog, MasterPro, MevoTech, Dorman, Duralast, Duralast Gold, Precision, FVP, SRT (Federated Auto Parts), NAPA, ACDelco, etc.

Many options to choose from so it’s very overwhelming. Any suggestions are appreciated!!
MOOG did well on upper and lower control arms for my 98 F150 sway bar bushings were Acdelco polyurethane. Shocks were SENSEN. Guess it depends on availability what you’re willing to spend and the vehicles purpose if it’s your daily driver spend more if it’s a farm truck or beater wouldn’t matter too much.

I have my doubts about the finest part. TWO front wheel bearing AND a pair of ball joints all for less than what I paid for ONE single rear wheel bearing alone made in Japan?

That crap is worth 2c a pound. I did one of these not too long ago, OE ball joints and outer tie rods, Sankei 555 inner tie rods, OE steering rack boots w/ OE oetiker style clamps and SKF front hubs with new OE brake shields and bolts. All in about $400, good parts cost good money but you get what you pay for and only do the job once.

2013 GMC Acadia
2011 Hyundai Sonata
2010 Ford Edge

those are the 3 ill be rebuilding

For the Acadia:
Bilstein makes shocks for it, so they are a good choice. Also, the GM OE shocks and struts are also still available. Whichever you get, pair them with OE strut mounts.
Mando is the OE supplier, and they even make quick struts for your Acadia, but they seem to be sold out right now.
The OE control arms are also still available.
The OE sway bar links look exactly like CTR. The OE sway bar bushings are the best to use and still made for your car.

Modern GM cars other than the big trucks have heavy Korean influence in them, and a lot of their parts came from South Korea. Therefore, it should be no surprise to see CTR as OE in your Acadia.

For the Sonata:
Mando quick struts and shocks
CTR or Delphi sway bar links
CTR sway bar bushings
CTR control arms
Most, but not all, OE Hyundai parts are available on Rock Auto.

For the Edge:
Bilstein or Motorcraft shocks and struts, along with OE Motorcraft mounts
Unfortunately, Ford doesn't make their Motorcraft quick struts for your Edge :(

Mando quick struts might be worth trying. They started out only making quick struts on cars where they're the OE supplier (mostly Korean cars), but they are starting to expand their aftermarket offerings to cars where they aren't OE. I don't think Mando was the OE supplier on the Edge, though they probably did make the OE shocks and struts for your Sonata.

Motorcraft/OE sway bar bushings
CTR sway bar bushings
Motorcraft or CTR control arms

Back