Tesla 3 series-fighter will carry a $35k price tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds more like an Accord fighter.
For 35K, and applying a reasonable discount rate to actual range, this would be a very cheap to run and practical commuter for those driving 100 miles a day or less.
If Tesla can pull off a car with the claimed nominal range for 35K, they'll be in a position to achieve some real market penetration.
This car sounds a lot more enticing than something like the Nissan Leaf.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Originally Posted By: badtlc
Yay more environmental killing battery production! All the in name of CO2 emissions, though, so it is OK.

You are filling in a lot of suppositions that just aren't warranted in this thread.

Tesla is disrupting the market and in the end the consumer will be the winner.

Are you not familiar with battery production for the Tesla vehicles?

Do I need to be? Why does this vehicle get extra environmental scrutiny over other vehicles..... Probably because you are assigning a whole host of attributes to the buyers that aren't really warranted.

Last edited:
I'd consider this when the Cruze needs replacing. I live in suburbia, have a 50 mile round-trip commute, and do most of my driving within 100 miles of home. Both cars get plugged in during the winter for block heaters, so that's not an issue. Even with a 200 mile range, that would cover 90% of my needs. Throw in a few Superchargers along I-90 to get to Buffalo/Syracuse and along I-390 to get to points south, and this would be a seriously viable car for my needs.

I think a 35k Tesla with 200 miles range will be nothing but vaporware many years. That being said, if it does come out, i will try and buy one. I'm think it will be at least a year or two later or higher in price.

It will start around $35k. Don't be surprised if it options out at almost twice that.

That said, I wouldn't mind one and am eagerly awaiting it.

Originally Posted By: Coprolite
It will start around $35k. Don't be surprised if it options out at almost twice that.

Honestly, if it does hit the market with a base price like that, if there's a company that makes a trailer hitch for it, I might be tempted to pick one up, install the hitch, and tow a trailer with solar panels on it, so that it recharges for free while I'm at work all day long.

And if you could pick up a spare battery pack from Tesla, I would install solar panels at home in order to keep one pack charging up during the day.

You could almost go 100% grid free on an electric vehicle, if you had time, and resources.

Imagine a short-trip car that you never had to pay for fuel.
That would be fantastic.

BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back