Techron = WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by lcd:
Funny thing is techron is more comprised of solvents than FP60 is and more of it is needed in your tank......its a marketing game people.

Sorry, I’m going to have to take that statement taken w/ a boulder of salt.

quote:

Originally posted by mechtech:
GMORG - How come that explanation isn't on my box of Tide?

^^^
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by sky jumper:
but the msds clearly states 35% stoddard solvent and 7% naptha solvent. plus its main ingredient (petroleum distillates) is also a solvent. plus it has benzene and xylene. these are very strong chemicals.

What? No ACETONE?!?!?!
shocked.gif

wink.gif

Ive never had any fuel related problems in my truck so to keep it that way i add FP60 and it still runs as good as the day i bought it eventhough its only go 60K. I add one ounce to every tank of gas. I think its cheaper in the long run vs adding techron to the tank every oil change.

TRDUSA2002 states: " add one ounce to every tank of gas. I think its cheaper in the long run vs adding techron to the tank every oil change."

What's the capacity of your fuel tank? Seems you are using way less than 1 oz per gallon, and still getting benefits?

quote:

Originally posted by axjohn:
TRDUSA2002 states: " add one ounce to every tank of gas. I think its cheaper in the long run vs adding techron to the tank every oil change."

What's the capacity of your fuel tank? Seems you are using way less than 1 oz per gallon, and still getting benefits?

Recommended dose is 2oz per 10 gal. 1 oz is probably still helping.

FP60 works! Esp in late model Autos.

Really did a great job on my 01 PSD.
And still is. With over 200K miles.

1oz. per every 5gal. is really incredible.

LubeControl has created a Great Product here.

I will use it in all my Autos as well as my WaterCrafts.

Of Course all this is MHO.

quote:

Originally posted by lcd:
Funny thing is techron is more comprised of solvents than FP60 is and more of it is needed in your tank......its a marketing game people.

Does FP60 have any detergent in it at all? Or is it just a "Combination of solvents with a highly refined special oil."

Techron is part solvent and part detergent, while it appears that FP60 is part solvent, part oil.

If you wanted a more concentrated "techron" additive, Yamaha Ring Free is about concentrated as you can buy OTC. Made by Chevron BTW.

quote:

Originally posted by wileyE:
If you wanted a more concentrated "techron" additive, Yamaha Ring Free is about concentrated as you can buy OTC. Made by Chevron BTW.

Have you used it? If so, on what and what were the results?

quote:

Originally posted by -SyN-:
FP60 works! Esp in late model Autos.

Really did a great job on my 01 PSD.
And still is. With over 200K miles.

1oz. per every 5gal. is really incredible.

LubeControl has created a Great Product here.

I will use it in all my Autos as well as my WaterCrafts.

Of Course all this is MHO.

Can you elaborate on what you've used it on and what results/improvements you've seen?

A co-worker of mine was having driveability problems with his Isuzu truck. 4 cyl I don't know what size. He had recently spent several hundred $$$ having ignition parts, the fuel pump and filter replaced with little improvement. This was at the suggestion of the service tech he was using at the time. It has become my practice over the years to use an injector/fuel system cleaner first for these types of problems. I suggested the same to him. After the suggested "shock doseage" of Techron combined with Berrymans Chemtool his truck runs fine. His little truck has around 100k miles on it and had never had a fuel system cleaner in it. And he usually ran the cheapest fuel available. I know from my experiences that Techron does the intended job. I have had good results with Chemtool and Regaine also. Neither will fix broken or worn out parts however. I wonder how much money has been spent doing mechanical repairs when a simple fuel system treatment would have fixed the problem?

quote:

I wonder how much money has been spent doing mechanical repairs when a simple fuel system treatment would have fixed the problem?

I've used FP60, Techron Concentrate and Redline Injector Cleaner in my wifes 98 Honda over the years and it still runs great and it has 140K miles.

If you buy any product to help keep things clean and running properly......you will only save money in the long run. The guy at Tire Kingdom even commented to me how nice the car runs when he took it for a drive after he did an alignment.

Just finished 3 Techron treatments over the last week. From the good 'ol "butt dynometer" my 2.4L Nissan Frontier seems to run a little smoother and seems to have better pickup. It's never going to spin the tires, but acceleration has improved and it sounds more "truck-like" and less "4-banger-like".

FWIW...
cheers.gif

I always had good luck with the less concentrated Pro-Gard with yellow bottle on the bottle (Clean-Up Engine Deposit Remover). Car ran noticeably smoother after one treatment. Pro-Gard is a little cheaper than the Concentrated Techron usually by 1 or 2 bucks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back