SuperTech 7317 cut open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ST3614 is an ecore, use that app on my 3.4L Tacoma. It's right at ~3" outer dia. It's close, but not like the 7317/14610 with ~2.7" dia. and it's shorty version 6607/14612. iirc, the 4967 is also non ecore application.

Originally Posted By: edhackett
I received a reply from Champion Labs today. Posted here with their permission:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2138580&#Post2138580

Ed

Ed, thanks for posting that (yes, I realize this is months after the fact).

A few of us have raised concerns to the company (in this case, Champion Labs) about a possible problem with the product, and they've responded positively both times. Too often, people come to an internet forum to b&m about something, but don't DO anything about it. Feedback like this (both honest and good-hearted discussion, and sending product defects in), only speeds up the continual improvement that most companies strive to achieve. Plan-Do-Check-Act. We can be an integral part of the "Check".

Originally Posted By: edhackett
This is just an internet forum. We think we're important. We're not.
I think this quote from Champion's response posted in your other thread proves otherwise (bold emphasis is mine):

"We wish to thank you (and all of the "bobistheoilguy" forum participants as well) for returning the Super Tech oil filters and bringing the center tube perforation opening concern to our attention. We routinely monitor this website for concerns and take every comment about our products seriously. It's apparent that some of the forum participants are nearly as passionate about filter design and performance as our own Engineering design team. In fact, this is not he first instance in which we have taken prompt action to correct a customer concern thanks to website conversation."

I think Champ deserves major props for their response. Say what you will about the ST line...it's designed to meet a price point specified by Walmart. The fact that a manufacturer is willing to address concerns brought up by such a tiny minority of their customer base (those who know enough to give a darn) is HUGE in today's corporate climate. 99% of companies out there would totally ignore us because 99.99% of their customers wouldn't even know there was a problem in the first place.

Well done, Champion.
34.gif

I hope they keep reading here. I avoided the M1 small filter I needed, with slits, as they were almost closed, couple months ago at AZ. Yesterday I looked at the same variant in the ST at WM, slits very opened now. They look like the same filter as M! except the media and adbv.
The issue I now see are the edges of the slits, now that they are punching them through more. I think this could allow more jagged metal edges and that could lead to thin metal pieces going into the after filtered oil stream.
I would prefer nicely punched out holes like the other ones have. Probably the reason they want slits as it involves no punched out material. With slits it is just tearing a hole through, with holes the hole disc must be disposed of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back