Summer is coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winter is hard this year in Quebec, Canada. Temperature has been between -15c and -30c almost every day since december.
Here some pictures that I took last summer after a good wash. Those pictures remind me that summer is not so far away after all!!

This is a 2004 Corolla and she as 185,000 km. This is a Canadian car, so she saw plenty of salty road over time so I try to fight corrosion as best as I can. She receive each year a rust proofing treatment and get waxed every spring and just before winter. Despite the car is not very exciting to drive, it proven to me to be very reliable and if I can keep this car for at least another 10 years, I wish to keep it clean that way as long as I can!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
What do you use as rustproofing and where on the car do you apply it?

It's call otoprotec. http://www.otoprotec.com/en/home.html
I don't apply it myself, my mechanics do.
The product is spray Everywhere under the car and inside the engine bay. We use amsoil MP everywhere else to don't clog any hole.

I feel ya my friend... My car is sitting washed outside right now. has to be done regularly because of this insanely harsh winter and ridiculously salty roads. Krown annually for me and wash weekly or more in the winter. Can't wait for my first spring detail/clean. I like my vehicle clean!

Nice, it's got a manual transmission!
thumbsup2.gif

Wow that's clean, most Canuck cars I see rolling down I-95 are filthy with salt and sand.

What is the red tape near the stick shift?

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Wow that's clean, most Canuck cars I see rolling down I-95 are filthy with salt and sand.

What is the red tape near the stick shift?
OF course they're filthy, The car just drove through New England, the Rustbelt Riviera
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Too many Amsoil stickers, car looks good though =)
Yes I know :p
Those picture was taken last summer, I removed those one inside the car since then!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back