subaru filter 7500 miles interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using a M1 ep filter since I've been using m1 ep oil up to 7500 miles. Do you guys feel that a subaru filter would last to that interval?

Yes. My 2000 Forester UOA suggest that I increase my OCI from 6,000 to 7,500 using a PureOne filter & std Mobil1 5w30 oil. If your only going to 7500, there is no need for extra expense of EP oil or filter. Ed

yes one of my best friends uses castrol gtx 10w40 in his 2006 wrx changes his oil every 8 thousand miles he uses the oem filter

10w40 is not the ideal oil for that application too thick in my opinion, 25 years ago 10w40 and 20w50 was the oil to have but today with sm rated oils i believe thin is the way to go unless the engine burns oil then maybe slightly thicker oil..a lighter weight oil moves through the oil passages a lot quicker than a heavier oil.
Im not totally against 10w40 i have used it in a 1983 oldsmobile custom cruiser with the 5.0 307 v8 since i got it and as of today it still runs perfect!
I use 10w40 pennzoil with an ac oil filter number Pf61 every 3000 miles or three months no matter what.. Most of the New Jersey State Police use 5w20 in all the vics and in the hemi also with no ill effects whatsoever 5w20 is stated in the manuels of the crown victoria's and the Hemi also not only for cafe reasons but bearing clearances too...yes really! :)

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
10w40 is not the ideal oil for that application too thick in my opinion, 25 years ago 10w40 and 20w50 was the oil to have but today with sm rated oils i believe thin is the way to go unless the engine burns oil then maybe slightly thicker oil..a lighter weight oil moves through the oil passages a lot quicker than a heavier oil.
Im not totally against 10w40 i have used it in a 1983 oldsmobile custom cruiser with the 5.0 307 v8 since i got it and as of today it still runs perfect!
I use 10w40 pennzoil with an ac oil filter number Pf61 every 3000 miles or three months no matter what.. Most of the New Jersey State Police use 5w20 in all the vics and in the hemi also with no ill effects whatsoever 5w20 is stated in the manuels of the crown victoria's and the Hemi also not only for cafe reasons but bearing clearances too...yes really! :)

yeah subaru calls for 5w30 in the wrx but my buddy's car is modified he drives really hard averages 15 mpg on my scanguage because he basically uses boost all the time. The wrx seams to have poorly designed oil seals or something so sometimes using a thin oil causes turbo failure. Subaru only specs 5w30 in america the oil chart for this car ranges from 5w30 to 20w50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back