Suabru Dealer put in PEAK 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the itemized list and all the inspection points checked. For those "just change oil" it ain't the same for the dealership that is on the hook for each warranty item inspected... I'll bet most of that was labor? Did they rotate the tires too?

Our local dealer does a full service including door hinge lube at 30K. No cut rates, no discounts, and no cut corners either ... I'd have taken $90 as pretty cheap compared to what some charge ...

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I expected a bit of an over charge but not a bend over over-charge. She paid half of the bill and I paid the other half. I recall its was a bit over 500 bucks for the 30K mile service including front transaxle and rear diff changes, bleed ABS brakes, 2 air filters, tire rotation, and OCI and component integrity inspection(safety).

I don't know when or where your wife bought the 2015 Subaru, but in March 2015 I bought my 2015 Outback at a Florida dealership that included the 24 month, 24K mile "Subaru Added Security Maintenance Agreement." It covers all scheduled maintenance at 6K intervals, and I paid zero for it. Plus I got a hefty discount on the car using Truecar pricing.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I expected a bit of an over charge but not a bend over over-charge. She paid half of the bill and I paid the other half. I recall its was a bit over 500 bucks for the 30K mile service including front transaxle and rear diff changes, bleed ABS brakes, 2 air filters, tire rotation, and OCI and component integrity inspection(safety).

I don't know when or where your wife bought the 2015 Subaru, but in March 2015 I bought my 2015 Outback at a Florida dealership that included the 24 month, 24K mile "Subaru Added Security Maintenance Agreement." It covers all scheduled maintenance at 6K intervals, and I paid zero for it. Plus I got a hefty discount on the car using Truecar pricing.

From what I've read the 24/24 maintenance agreement is a thing for sourthern states Subaru dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back