Students at UC Irvine vote to ban American flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we've established that 12 people took a vote to ban all flags from certain areas.

Now we need to know which areas they are talking about. Edit: eljefino has found out it's a student club voting for their own club.

Helps to have all the facts in sometimes.

But somehow a fair and balanced "news" organization has gotten people believing that students voted to ban the American flag from a university.

Does it concern anybody that they jump to conclusions and sentencing before they have all the facts?

It amuses me!

Come one now mori what are you playing at? Is this aa1986 name hotwheels alter ego that you use to stir the pot? What the next name Sybil?

Originally Posted By: aa1986
So we've established that 12 people took a vote to ban all flags from certain areas.

Now we need to know which areas they are talking about. Edit: eljefino has found out it's a student club voting for their own club.

But somehow a fair and balanced "news" organization has gotten people believing that students voted to ban the American flag from a university.

Does it concern anybody that they jump to conclusions and sentencing before they have all the facts?

It amuses me!

Yes, and I am troubled by how many people piled onto this.

First of all, it's Fox News, which voted to ban intelligence years ago. Second, it's not legal or possible to "ban" the US flag from any part of a college campus. The display of flags, any flag, falls under free speech, and these assclowns are asking for a lawsuit for sheer stupidity. I wouldn't make any judgments about this college based on the actions of a few misguided knuckleheads.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Deport them to whereever they think is a better place to live!
Line'em up in front of the firing squad!
This shouldn't be a choice!
If you don't like it here, get out!
This is treason!

Just my .02cents

Where did your democracy go? Why do you want to go postal? Are you retired postman?
smile.gif

UC Irvine is a taxpayer funded institution..(that's American taxpayers from the state of California). If the people of California want the American flag flown so it should be...

I don't understand why people come to America and then complain about it when they get here. Mr. Guevara is going to get all the benefits of 'affirmative action' (SPOILS) despite not having slaves in his family tree.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Come one now mori what are you playing at? Is this aa1986 name hotwheels alter ego that you use to stir the pot? What the next name Sybil?

Is he a troublemaker here? I didnt notice that last time in oil debate
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Kiwi_ME
They voted to remove all flags from any country from certain places. Fox News and others call it a ban on the American flag to rile everyone up.
So the Stars and Stripes was NOT banned????? Seems to me "all flags" INCLUDING the American flag means the American flag was banned IN the USA.
Your "response" is pure Sophistry. YOur pathetic "blame the messenger" trick is just that.

Last edited:
It's interesting that this has gotten people riled up to the point that they are pointing fingers at immigrants.

The facts and the names in the following news report will no doubt go unnoticed:

Quote:
The American flag had hung on a wall in the student government suite. A few weeks ago, someone removed the flag and put it on the desk of Reza Zomorrodian, the Associated Students' president, with an anonymous note saying it shouldn't be in the lobby.

The executive members decided to put up the flag again. Then the resolution was brought to the council.

Zomorrodian, an opponent of the ban, said the American flag was "an iconic and symbolic representation of our values in the U.S."

On Friday, state Sen. Janet Nguyen, R-Santa Ana, said she and other legislators may introduce a state constitutional amendment to prohibit "state-funded universities and college campuses from banning the United States flag."

http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci...flag-from-lobby

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
I don't know why anyone has a problem with this. I would rather know my enemy than have them sitting right next to inme. I just hope the 6+2 are outed so that when they are interviewed for their dream job in a few years, their dreams are crushed because of their stupid [censored] publicity stunt. Google has a way of finding idiots, and vets are very often the ones conducting interviews.
+1 Ha Ha, it's what we like to call an "untended consequence" of being a leftist jerk.

LOL Here we go again.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

LOL Here we go again.

I'm lost on this one. Where are we going? I guess we have been there before.

Originally Posted By: AandPDan
Since when is California part of the United States?

Please don't include me in with those stupid kids.

It's interesting that this has gotten people riled up to the point that they are pointing fingers at immigrants.

We have no problem with foreign nationals getting degrees here. As long as they return to the hole they came from immediately after graduation.

Some jerk students somehow making news. Every learning institution in the country has suffered enrolled idiots. Every single one.

If your school never graduated any idiots, criminals, perverts, or just plain ignorant folk, good for them.

But remember, not telling the truth is another failure.

It reads or ANY FLAG not just USA. Also it is a state school that means it can be legislated to be void or just thrown out. 6 voted for it to be banned 4 did not and 2 chickened out. The 2 are typical in those circumstances.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
6 dumb students vote to remove one flag from their office and it makes news and starts discussion on BITOG, must have been a boring news day.

Its not the point that it was six students or one student. How many nativity scenes have been taken down around this country because one idiot decided they didn't like it?
Plenty, every Christmas more and more of this stuff is reported.
The way it has become in this country today is a minority of one fool can change the rules for everyone.

These institutions take federal money, the kids take tax money, they demand their rights under the Constitution, their civil rights all from the same country the flag represents. These kids are morons, true dyed in the wool full idiots.

Throw them out of school, demand the taxpayers money back if they took any and list them as a potential national security threats for future reference, because thats exactly what they are.
To those of you knocking a news outlet for reporting the story, get off it and get real. Its a news story and it is just being reported as such. I don't see any opinion piece in that story.

Well Fox is somewhat guilty of hyperbole here. Seriously, its SIX kids. This is not indicative of the whole country.

The LA Times reported this, without the opinion column spin, at the same time as the Fox article. According to the first Google result, an hour ago, LA Times reported that the student cabinet vetoed the ban.

By the way, the professors I know are busy grading papers and searching for their next temporary teaching job. That doesn't leave them much energy for indoctrinating our youngsters.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: AandPDan
Since when is California part of the United States?

Please don't include me in with those stupid kids.

crackmeup2.gif

I do feel sorry for the level headed folks who regretfully have to consider themselves a part of the People's Republic of Kalifornia.

Last edited:
If its one or a thousand, make an example out of them.
Wrapping them up in a commie flag with an "i hate America" sign around their neck then dropping them off at the local VFW late at night would be too good for them. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back