Students at UC Irvine vote to ban American flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tom slick
6 dumb students vote to remove one flag from their office and it makes news and starts discussion on BITOG, must have been a boring news day.

+1, 6 people do not represent the university or California.

"The resolution passed 6-4. Two people abstained. Let me break down the vote for you -- six unAmerican students, four patriots and two individuals who could have a career in House Republican leadership."

That says it all.

Typical Mexican thought process.....LOL try that in Mexico...end up in prison.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stockrex
Originally Posted By: Kestas
Where are the other 22,000 students during all this, and why are they sitting on their hands?

They are doing their patriotic duty and making sure their blood alcohol is way above the legal limit and sharing instagram pic of their last vomit.

No...that would be my alma mater UC Santa Barbara...Irvine is just a bunch of geeks.

Lets be nice, just think, someone could have posted a cut open Fram oil filter and driven us all nuts.....

They're probably just a bunch of unemployed bums sponging off their parents. They need to be dropped off right in the worst part of the middle east. I bet they'll be crying to mommy and daddy within seconds.

The vast majority of college professors are leftist and many are Marxists.....that's the problem.
If a student shows his/her politics (and it's not the PC one) his/her grades will suffer.

There is TYRANNY in America and it's not coming from the side you would think.

PS: I wonder if Mr. Guevara receives financial aid from the country he so despises?

Originally Posted By: stockrex
Great job of being patriotic Fox and attempt to rile up the mob.

Looks like it worked. LOL

I don't know why anyone has a problem with this. I would rather know my enemy than have them sitting right next to me. I just hope the 6+2 are outed so that when they are interviewed for their dream job in a few years, their dreams are crushed because of their stupid [censored] publicity stunt. Google has a way of finding idiots, and vets are very often the ones conducting interviews.

When I was in grad school at the Univ of Illinois, I remember being chastized by my professors for my right wing conservative views.

Originally Posted By: mpersell
I guess their federal grants and student loans should be banned as well. Any internships or future federal jobs as well.

Exactly, I don't mind a school not flying any flags... as long as it is not supported by the state. The Mennonite school does not fly flags, I'm cool with it.

stockrexHosteen said:
How is reporting a FACTUAL story..."riling up the mob"?

Now if you were referring to the 24/7 coverage of the "killing of an unarmed AA teenager by a white PO" yada, yada, yada in Ferguson Mo. as "riling up the mob" I might agree with you.

As far as these America haters not getting jobs after graduation...I disagree...they seem to have the perfect resume to get hired at 'The Justice Dept.'

They voted to remove all flags from any country from certain places. Fox News and others call it a ban on the American flag to rile everyone up.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
They're probably just a bunch of unemployed bums sponging off their parents. They need to be dropped off right in the worst part of the middle east. I bet they'll be crying to mommy and daddy within seconds.

+1 Add to it a good swift kick in their arse as the board the plane with a one way ticket to the Mid East.

Originally Posted By: Kiwi_ME
They voted to remove all flags from any country from certain places. Fox News and others call it a ban on the American flag to rile everyone up.

Well they are technically correct aren't they, and that's all that matters!

Fair & Balanced. LOL.

6 dumb students vote to remove one flag from their office and it makes news and starts discussion on BITOG, must have been a boring news day.

Its not the point that it was six students or one student. How many nativity scenes have been taken down around this country because one idiot decided they didn't like it?
Plenty, every Christmas more and more of this stuff is reported.
The way it has become in this country today is a minority of one fool can change the rules for everyone.

These institutions take federal money, the kids take tax money, they demand their rights under the Constitution, their civil rights all from the same country the flag represents. These kids are morons, true dyed in the wool full idiots.

Throw them out of school, demand the taxpayers money back if they took any and list them as a potential national security threats for future reference, because thats exactly what they are.
To those of you knocking a news outlet for reporting the story, get off it and get real. Its a news story and it is just being reported as such. I don't see any opinion piece in that story.

Originally Posted By: Trav

Its not the point that it was six students or one student. How many nativity scenes have been taken down around this country because one idiot decided they didn't like it?
Plenty, every Christmas more and more of this stuff is reported.
The way it has become in this country today is a minority of one fool can change the rules for everyone.

These institutions take federal money, the kids take tax money, they demand their rights under the Constitution, their civil rights all from the same country the flag represents. These kids are morons, true dyed in the wool full idiots.

Throw them out of school, demand the taxpayers money back if they took any and list them as a potential national security threats for future reference, because thats exactly what they are.
To those of you knocking a news outlet for reporting the story, get off it and get real. Its a news story and it is just being reported as such. I don't see any opinion piece in that story.

Now I know why we get along so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back