stuck spark plug toyota 4.7 tundra

Status
Not open for further replies.
To each their own, like I said I have had no trouble. The torque specs aren't at the bleeding edge of what the threads can take for a reason. Meanwhile, variables in worn torque wrenches, extensions, engine temp, thread condition, etc. make sure the best intentioned shade tree mechanic never reliably gets the specific torque they want to begin with.
33.gif

After wrestling a spark plug for an hour on my mom's 1970 Mercury wagon back in the day (the plug was a ceramic-free pretzel by the time I got it out, and I think a small chunk of insulator dropped into the hole in the process), I swore a blood oath that I'd NEVER install a plug without anti-sieze again. I know some plug manufacturers' websites say, "Don't use grease...it can interfere with the plug grounding properly." But me not care....I never want to pull out a preztel plug again, and have never had any issues with using anti-seize since then.

Another matter.... Many lubricants state "...and Penetrant" on the label, such as the Liquid Wrench that ultmately removed this Tundra's plug. I've never given that a boatload of thought, but perhaps that's the key here -- look for "penetrant" on the label, since perhaps that's actually a measurable quality that can be intentionally formulated into a product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back