Strange Amsoil story, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this past monday I got my replacement oil.

al9yd-cko9_7YVN5RCHjOQ

54XZWahwQYixnDWYJYjW4A

The second photo shows the new bucket on the left next and the old bucket on the right. I got a little kick out of the fact that the batch numbers are the same.

Last edited:
Since I just received a bucket of ATH I will make sure the product matches the quarts I already have. I need the change all the fluids on my tractor this weekend.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Does the new stuff pour like the first one?

I haven't installed it yet (plan to this weekend) but just looking at the oil through the spout it's clear that the viscosity of the new stuff is MUCH thinner than the other stuff. Whereas the bad stuff poured like honey, this good stuff looks almost like baby oil. I'm excited to get it into my tractor and have the hydraulics works again! I'll report back when I do.

Wow!!! I put the new hydraulic fluid in today, and instantly the hydraulics work like new! I had forgotten how smooth and quick they work with the right fluid.

As this is my first post.... I do not want too highjack a thread, but it appears as this one has run it's course. So to add another weird oil story.

Back in the early 60s Harley Davidson had some ...bad oil... their name on the cans. Would cut the top off cans that would not pour, put your hand inside, and dip out a big jellied slug about the size of your fist.

We would take and throw it hard as we could up 20 feet to a wood ceiling and see who's slug would form a single string all the way to the floor!!!! Have no idea what the cause, or how wide spread this was. Remember this was the 60's.

Originally Posted By: nicrfe1370
Wow!!! I put the new hydraulic fluid in today, and instantly the hydraulics work like new! I had forgotten how smooth and quick they work with the right fluid.

wow! what a great outcome. I wonder if sampling the hyd fluid with 7 years service on it would of been still good to go? could of skipped a few phone calls and sleepless nights?
Javier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back