STP Oil Filters On Sale at AutoZone

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are $2 off at the register. At first it rings up $2.99 but when they hit the subtotal key on the register $2 is taken off. So the filter ends up costing you $1.05 that is with Michigans $.06 sales tax.

You can only get one per vist. SO I go out the door and come right back in. If you are in the Military,Police,Fire Fighter etc... you can get an additional 10% discount off all of your purchases. So you could end up getting your filter for as little as $.94!!

Oh I almost forgott they sale ends the 20th of this month!

good deal, I'd rather pay 1.xx than deal with the rebate. Why spend 37 cents on stamps and your time to save another 80 cents that might not come...

I was in Autozone and decided to get an STP FAR filter. Then I took the S16 out of it's box. If the woman working there was not so helpful with the rebate form etc. I would have left it there. I am not sure who makes it but it is so much smaller than the Purolator I normally use.Its the smallest oil filter I have seen period.

quote:

Originally posted by rshaw125:
I was in Autozone and decided to get an STP FAR filter. Then I took the S16 out of it's box. I am not sure who makes it but it is so much smaller than the Purolator I normally use.Its the smallest oil filter I have seen period.

Got an S16 yesterday, too. Can't pass up FAR to test the E-core. I thought it looked shorter than the PureOne & Prem. Plus filters that I have for the same application.

Was also looking at the STP for my Camry. Now that's a small filter. That one had "Made in Mexico" painted on the dome end of the filter and it looked like a poor paint job. Not really confidence inspiring. (The S16 had "Product of USA"). That, along with the strange spring-loaded bypass in the Camry filter, made we go for the S16 for my first STP filter use (in the current decade).

I have also noticed that STP filters are much smaller than some of the other filters out there. My car takes the 6607, and compared to the AA 6607 the STP is alot smaller. The AA is actually 1.50 cheaper too.

Ecore filters are smaller than a comparable, "conventional" oil filter in external physical size, but they pack a LOT of media in there!

I'm not sure the STP you're talking about is an Ecore, but if it is, you know why it's smaller.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back