spray wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jeffmc
Clevy, I have a 2012 and 2002 Mustang. Also a 2012 and 2004 Escape and a 2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado. To many Fords, lol.

But I am 56 years old and trying to detail cars like I have all my life has gotten very hard. So it is frustrating to someone who prides himself in beautiful looking vehicles. I have tried everything from Dodo Juice to One Grand Blitz to Mothers to everything. The reality is, most are very good, it is the longevity of each which is the killer for me.

I was told to go with Fusion from Chemical Guys twice a year and then use Hybrid V7 every couple of months. You spray it on and it interacts into the paint and you just wipe it back off. Very simple and for a old fud, just what I was looking for.

My surprise is the shine that came out was better then any carunuba or synthetic product I had ever tried. I was literally astounded how well silvers and dark colors looked. So it made keeping my vehicles looking good, it made it so easy that it allows me to keep my pride.

Very good products that they put a lot of time into developing and worth the money for them, which isn't bad either.

I'd love to hang in your garage. Please tell me that 2012 mustang is a gt. I forget but isn't it a 5.0. Gawd I love what ford has done with that engine. I've got a 4v from an 03 Mach in my 2000 gt. I've got cobra brakes all around and I've got the Mach suspension I've still gotta get in before spring.
I had a Yamaha 1100 v-star silverado last year,before I bought my Harley. It was an 06. Great bike.

nope V6 with 305 HP that will outrun a GT just from 3 years ago. 19 mpg in town and 30 on highway. Run high test fuel and you actually gain 10 hp from its ability to advance the timing to the first knock and then back off by 1. It will pin you in your seat.With Ford discounts a $21000.00 muscle car that will out run a Camaro and Charger.

Anyway, had a Nomad and sold it for the 2002 Mustang for my son. Found a dealer with a 2008 Silverado still in crate and bought in on site with factory warranty.

Try the Hybrid V7 there really isn't anything better on the market.

nope V6 with 305 HP that will outrun a GT just from 3 years ago. 19 mpg in town and 30 on highway. Run high test fuel and you actually gain 10 hp from its ability to advance the timing to the first knock and then back off by 1. It will pin you in your seat.With Ford discounts a $21000.00 muscle car that will out run a Camaro and Charger.

Anyway, had a Nomad and sold it for the 2002 Mustang for my son. Found a dealer with a 2008 Silverado still in crate and bought in on site with factory warranty.

Try the Hybrid V7 there really isn't anything better on the market.

Thanks for the insight.
My gt when it was still a 2v was fairly quick. 3.90 gears and nitrous. I could easily keep up to the new gt's and I spank the sixxers.
This 4v is quite the animal though. Way more torque off the line and an extra 1500 rpm til the rev limiter hits. I'm looking forward to the track this year.
As far as bikes go my Harley is it. It's got enough power to keep me honest,looks good when I clean it,which isn't often and I love the style. I won't be bike shopping ever again. Well maybe after the kids move out.
Thanks again for your insight. Quite the stable you have.

Interesting comments for a V6 Mustang. I know they are quick but not that quick.

Originally Posted By: Nightmare
Originally Posted By: Racerjk
OCW is not OTC,and they claim excellent durability. Not so much in my experience. Looks awesome though.

uh, never said OCW was OTC.

Oh,Sorry.

V7 gets a ton of talk on all the detailing forums. It's on my list of stuff to try.

Originally Posted By: afoulk
I'm hoping to wash and wax my car this weekend, before the weather starts to get bitterly cold around here. My question is, how long do the spray on waxes generally last? I have some Lucas slick mist I want to use,but wondered if one application will last until spring? I bought my scion used in mid June and unfortunately haven't had a chance to wash our wax it so far, so that's why i'm itching to get it fine before winter really hits, as I won't have time or the warm weather to do it until spring and I was thinking of trying the spray on wax to save some time. I do have done meguires nxt gen if you guys recommend something other than a spray wax. Thanks
Since this is a almost new car and weather is now bad/almost bad in your area I would take it to a detail shop and have a pro detailing job done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back