Snake camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a snake camera on amazon along with a USB OTG adapter so I could connect it to my phone.
As I was working on a friends 2010 Crown Vic and it had a problem where the vents would always blow even if it was on defrost.
I actually had seen the problem before, but couldnt photograph it through the vent register opening.
151027_173337.jpg

The hinge broke for the vent door, so I get to replace the assembly, which I already pulled one from a 2007 Grand Marq.
plenium.jpg

But I couldn't stop there! I had to stick in in some other holes too.
151027_192947.jpg

151027_193013.jpg

151027_193059.jpg

151027_193241.jpg

Under the valve cover of the 2010 4.6L with 87k miles where he brings it in for oil changes 'when he thinks about it'

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
what oil does he use? snake cams are nice!

He takes it to a Cadillac dealer, so whatever they put in.

Which camera did you buy? I've been considering one and the quality of those pictures are impressive.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Which camera did you buy? I've been considering one and the quality of those pictures are impressive.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EQNCMTY

Can't beat that! Thanks for the link, I ordered one. CameraFi app and a USB adapter and I should be good to go!

grin2.gif
grin2.gif
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Andy636

grin2.gif
grin2.gif
grin2.gif

Amen brother!

The amazing quality of picture is unreal....they certainly have come a long way!

But be careful....

THEY BREAK!

I got one of these from Hong Kong, the seller had a good sense of humor - explained that he would not accept returns if the purchaser used the device in certain holes :eek:)

Fair enough!

I didnt take any pictures unfortunately, but while I was putting the dash back on this car with my brother one of the screw clips slipped off the body and fell down.
We looked all over and finally he asked if it had fallen between the HVAC plenum and the firewall. I didnt really think so and the other problem was to look behind I would need to put my head where the steering column was laying on the floor.
But I had an epiphany and I directed him to where my snake camera was. He brought it back over, I hooked it to my phone and went fishing behind the box and found it almost immediately.
He ended up holding the camera in place while I watched my phone screen and stuck a screwdriver in from the side to push the clip out from behind it.
This thing saved me a lot of headache trying to contort my body into a stupid position to try to see behind the box. Or if I hadn't of found it, I would've had to drive to the dealer and order a new one.
That was the third time I had dropped the dash back off the car because one of the clips got knocked off. I superglued them into place after going through all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back