Small Car for Big Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Check out the Honda Fit!...the stick is a thousand bucks cheaper than the auto...

Legroom on the Honda Fit and 8th Generation Civic "2006 & 2007" are not that great. If it had been I would of bought one already. I have a 93 Civic 4 door LX and it's the legroom champ. Noticeably more legroom than the newest Accords. We test drove a Fit and a 2006 Civic last spring and it was a big relief to get back into my 1/4 million mile 93 Civic.
laugh.gif

The 5th generation Civics with auto transmission do not have the left foot rest pedal and your left leg can really stretch out. 6th gen Civics 96-2000 are a bit less legroom. 2001-2005 7th generation are very good on legroom. Current Civic generation lacks in legroom by a noticeable amount. Leg room spec for all model is roughly the same on paper but not in the real world.

Quote:

The 1ZZ is found in the Matrix/Vibe/Corolla. I thought it was the same in the xD but when I checked, I say the 2ZR designation.

They're both 1.8L, right? What is the diff between them?

Not sure of the difference but they are both 1.8l. I'll be going by today to place and order and I will check a few different models for you.

Can't edit this late but I checked on the engines this evening. Both are indeed, the 1.8l. The 1ZZ found in the Corolla and Matrix is VVTi. The 2ZR in the xD is DUAL VVTi which is supposed to help increase hp and tq values when needed. I haven't Google'd it yet to research it.

Quote:

I don't know anything about Fusions. Isn't that a newish model? How much? Are you sure it comes in stick?

Sorry for the late reply. Yes -- you can get a i4 manual in the Fusions. They have great year-end deals now. Even the S comes loaded with most options everyone needs. The SE is only about $700 more, and adds 6-CD, Alloy wheels, electric seat, some other fancies...

I have been averaging 25 MPG City on my new i4 auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back