Shampoo Warning....

Status
Not open for further replies.
DO NOT wash your hair in the shower!! It's so good to finally get a health warning that is useful!!! IT INVOLVES THE SHAMPOO WHEN IT RUNS DOWN YOUR BODY WHEN YOU SHOWER WITH IT. WARNING TO US ALL!!!

Shampoo Warning! I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner! I use shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning, "FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME." No wonder I have been gaining weight! Well! I got rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Dawn Dishwashing Soap. It's label reads, "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE." Problem solved! If I don't answer the phone, I'll be in the shower!
thumbsup2.gif

I only use real poo.

On a serious note, the necessity for daily hair washing for 'non extreme' activity is greatly over stressed... every third day with a cleanser with just a rinse in between in sufficient to keep 'the good oils' where they need to be.

Documents during Colonial times hint @ "once every two weeks"; All you originalists take note.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
DO NOT wash your hair in the shower!! It's so good to finally get a health warning that is useful!!! IT INVOLVES THE SHAMPOO WHEN IT RUNS DOWN YOUR BODY WHEN YOU SHOWER WITH IT. WARNING TO US ALL!!!

Shampoo Warning! I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner! I use shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning, "FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME." No wonder I have been gaining weight! Well! I got rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Dawn Dishwashing Soap. It's label reads, "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE." Problem solved! If I don't answer the phone, I'll be in the shower!
thumbsup2.gif

Me too !

I first read about that 6-7 years ago. If you let the shampoo rinse your body down, some form of contaminants are going to penetrate through the skin. In any case, I wash my hair separately either over the tub or sink. The less chemicals, the better. In the US we get way too much exposure from this stuff (shampoo, soaps, antibacterial stuff, deodorants, perfumes/colognes, etc. )...and way too often.

One can wash using shampoo, then rinse with baking soda, it does work, but many will not, to much hassle in a fast paced world, but the baking soda over time will keep drains clean and fresh,,no charge for this valuable info...
13.gif

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
..some form of contaminants are going to penetrate through the skin.

especially that peculiar part of it known as foreskin.. can have devastatingly pleasurable consequences

I often wondered what people used to use before the advent of modern shampoos. Then I learned about Baking Soda shampoo and Apple Cider Vinegar rinse. If any of you guys are preppers or you like to make your own stuff, try it. It's the best stuff I've ever used on my hair- and it's dirt cheap.

Shampoo: 1 level measuring cup baking soda dissolved into 1 gallon distilled water. Not tap water or RO, but distilled. Bring the water to a boil and stir occasionally until the baking soda totally dissolves and it becomes clear. Let it cool, then transfer some of it into a plastic sports bottle for the shower.

Rinse: 1 teaspoon per cup, or approx. 5 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar per gallon of distilled water. Transfer into another plastic sports bottle for the shower.

Pour a little of the shampoo directly onto DRY hair and scalp, massage it in for a minute or so, then rinse. (Don't pre-wet your hair because there's already a lot of water in the shampoo.) It won't foam up but it will develop a slippery feel. That's because when the water and baking soda mix with the oil on your hair and scalp, it becomes soap! (water + fat/oil + lye = soap)

It's so mild that unlike detergents in shampoo, it won't strip the acid mantle on your scalp or overstrip your hair.

Once you've rinsed out the shampoo, pour some vineager solution onto your hair and scalp. Let sit for a minute, then rinse. You won't smell vinegar once it's rinsed out. The mild acidity of the vinegar solution smooths down the cuticles of the hair shafts and restores the acid balance of the scalp.

You might need to adjust the amount of baking soda and vinegar depending on how hard or soft your water is. This recipe works for hard water.

If you've used harsh detergent shampoo, dyes or a lot of "product" for a long time, switching to baking soda and vinegar will gradually restore balance to your scalp's oil production and health to your hair.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
I only use real poo.

On a serious note, the necessity for daily hair washing for 'non extreme' activity is greatly over stressed... every third day with a cleanser with just a rinse in between in sufficient to keep 'the good oils' where they need to be.

Documents during Colonial times hint @ "once every two weeks"; All you originalists take note.

I shower and shampoo at least twice daily.

I used to have Bad Body Odor now I dont use soap, problem fixed.
Notice how you smell at the end of the day, now dont use soap for a week (still shower with no soap) and see how you smell at the end of the day, no joke.
Still use Deodorant though.

My problem is the directions on the shampoo bottle:
1. Lather
2. Rinse
3. Repeat

So I lather, rinse and then I lather, rinse and then I lather, rinse and then I lather, rinse and then I lather, rinse and then I lather, rinse and then I lather, rinse and then I lather, rinse and then I lather, rinse........

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Soap was invented thousands of years ago. It's not some modern invention.

Except when you make soap the old way, the glycerine that's released when the triglyceride fats break down (saponify) ends up soaking back into the soap, which acts as a natural moisturiser.

Factory soap, they remove it, and sell it to you later as a moisturiser.

Back when I was making soap (prior to kids, I had a caustic explosion, so don't soap anymore), it was the only soap that my uncle with psoriasis was able to use...even the health food stuff with added essential oils irritated his skin.

Does boiling the water and baking soda actually keep the soda dissolved? I've used baking soda/water combo before, but never boiled it. I noticed that I have to shake the bottle well before every use because the soda always settles at the bottom.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: shiny
I often wondered what people used to use before the advent of modern shampoos. Then I learned about Baking Soda shampoo and Apple Cider Vinegar rinse. If any of you guys are preppers or you like to make your own stuff, try it. It's the best stuff I've ever used on my hair- and it's dirt cheap.

Shampoo: 1 level measuring cup baking soda dissolved into 1 gallon distilled water. Not tap water or RO, but distilled. Bring the water to a boil and stir occasionally until the baking soda totally dissolves and it becomes clear. Let it cool, then transfer some of it into a plastic sports bottle for the shower.

Rinse: 1 teaspoon per cup, or approx. 5 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar per gallon of distilled water. Transfer into another plastic sports bottle for the shower.

Pour a little of the shampoo directly onto DRY hair and scalp, massage it in for a minute or so, then rinse. (Don't pre-wet your hair because there's already a lot of water in the shampoo.) It won't foam up but it will develop a slippery feel. That's because when the water and baking soda mix with the oil on your hair and scalp, it becomes soap! (water + fat/oil + lye = soap)

It's so mild that unlike detergents in shampoo, it won't strip the acid mantle on your scalp or overstrip your hair.

Once you've rinsed out the shampoo, pour some vineager solution onto your hair and scalp. Let sit for a minute, then rinse. You won't smell vinegar once it's rinsed out. The mild acidity of the vinegar solution smooths down the cuticles of the hair shafts and restores the acid balance of the scalp.

You might need to adjust the amount of baking soda and vinegar depending on how hard or soft your water is. This recipe works for hard water.

If you've used harsh detergent shampoo, dyes or a lot of "product" for a long time, switching to baking soda and vinegar will gradually restore balance to your scalp's oil production and health to your hair.

That's hillarious! I'll have to remember that when the lady friends complain of "extra body & volume".

This should be posted in the humor section!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back