Setup business name. LLC? I have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, take all internet advice with a grain of salt.

I was going to do the LLC until friends of ours who are an LLC were sued.

The Plaintiff was able to prove that several promises the company made, were on a personal level, meaning the owner personally guaranteed something. That negated the LLC and they lost.

I ultimately made a decision based on a relations advice and several of his clients and how they are set.

Good luck!

Also, make sure you have the right insurance....computer work??

What is the worst thing that can happen with someones system?

Crash? Accused of fraud? Privacy breech?

Shop around, a good salesman will ask what exactly you will be doing.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
Apparently you didn't stop for a minute and think with common sense. This is not the place for a detailed legal discussion. I would hope the OP seeks better council than this forum which gives bad advice FAR too often.

I've been self-employed for years. Everyone I have anything in common with and associate with has been self-employed for years. I know a little of what I speak.

I hope other people don't make the same mistake as you and think I'm Sam Bernstein or something.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Apparently you haven't heard of the ages old legal tactic of "piercing the corporate veil"
I've been self employed for years as well, as an attorney. But I'm sure you be more smart than me.

Last edited:
It depends what they sue for sometimes they can go after you personally but that is what insurance is for and your LLC is your first line of defense. My CPA tells all his clients to get an llc and so does my Lawyer/wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back