Septic Tank Service

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Prices really went up like everything else. My old guy retired so I got a new company. $220 to clean out a 1500 gallon tank. He was 3 hrs late but I wasn't overly annoyed. The price was right.

He took $20 off for the wait.
I had others quote $350.

I clean mine out every other year.
What are the prices in your area?
This was in Maryland

I think I paid $320.00 last year. I normally pump out every two years. But with price increases and us being down to two people I will pump only as necessary. I will check the solids layer yearly. Should be able to do 4 years.
BTW I used to be a state certified septic system inspector. I quit that for obvious reasons.

It's been a bit, but I seem to remember a 1000G pump being around $250. If I extrapolate that with 50% more volume and inflation, it looks like you paid a good price. I used to be like @walterjay, but moved more indoors for current work duties.....

I get mine done every 3 years. Last year I put risers in, so I don't have to dig it up.
Just to pump it was $350.00. That is in the Seattle area. I have a 1500-gallon tank.

I need to get a riser or a better area to mark mine, put it off an extra year, so I really need to have it pumped this year. My fear though is all the trees that aren't mine that are stupid close to my field. Very pretty trees, but... fingers crossed. My old house I had the same sized tank (1,500 gallon) and would do every other year or so. No sink disposal, keep paper going down the drain to a min. Some day I should get a bidet and then maybe the tank won't need flushing but every decade?

$350 sounds about what I paid pre-pandemic, so I'm sure it's closer to $500 now.

Prices really went up like everything else. My old guy retired so I got a new company. $220 to clean out a 1500 gallon tank. He was 3 hrs late but I wasn't overly annoyed. The price was right.

He took $20 off for the wait.
I had others quote $350.

I clean mine out every other year.
What are the prices in your area?
This was in Maryland
Don’t you have leach lines?

I've got a 50yr/old system. 1000g concrete tank. I get it pumped every 2-3yrs. I paid $280 2-3yrs ago.

I always like the catchy humorous slogans on the trucks. Such as

"We're Number One in Number Two"

"Our business stinks"

"Yesterday's Meals on Wheels"
Yeah there was a character on the Red Green Show with "Rothschilds sewage septic sucking services." Apparently on early episodes it included a phone number and people actually called it.

Why are y'all pumping the tank so often? Ours has not needed it in 17 years. Installed 2006. Field lines with filter prior.
I don't need to. Most likely every 5 years. They said mine looked new at 25 years old.
Go to sell a house here they want all the records and after 30 years they basically force a new tank on you..the typical scam these days.

They reduce the price of the sale but nobody forces the buyer to actually get a new system..neat..

Back