sea foam concern/idle concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i use sea foam in my 91 honda accord and it cleaned out the throttle body really good and stabalized my idle.

i have a 1999 villager and the idle is stable but u can hear a noticable jitter. the idle needle barely moves, only a Milimeter. i used sea foam and sprayed the MAF (safe for sensors) and inside the throttle body. still the problem presists. can any one help me. is there a way i can test some sensors?

i noticed today as well that the filter wasnt sealing at all, dirt has gotten in somewhat. so i made my custom seal with friction tape again, and problem solved.

Drifter:

What do you mean by "idle needle?" Tachometer needle? A/C is off, right? When the A/C compressor clutch engages, the tach needle will deflect some. If the idle is reasonably smooth and the idle speed is within spec, I wouldn't mess with it too much. Does your engine employ an idle air control motor (IAC)? If so, I suppose you might try cleaning that out with the sea foam, too. I'd also go over everything very carefully looking for vacuum leaks.

tacmometer needle yes. it barley fluctuates but u can feel the car flutuacting when ur inside. there probably is a IAC but i have to buy a helms book for htis car to find it.

the AC is off. with the ac on it still does the same thing as well.

i looked for vacumn leaks long ago but still cannot isolate the source. ahh i just rememberd one i suspected of leaking. ill play with it later. its 100+ outside, way to hot.

the car just hit 45k. it said that no idle adjustment is needed and it passed smog as well.

thanks. ill report back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back