Samsung vs Vizio TV

Can't comment on the exact models but my parents have a Vizio 60"? I think, they got a few years ago and haven't had any issues. Picture looks great compared to my 12 years old Sony 46". They have had a few TVs die over the years so hopefully this one holds up. Sample size of one for you.

My Samsungs TVs from +10 years ago are awesome but newer ones from the last 5 years have been a disaster only lasting a few years before total failure or developing major image issues.

This is disturbing. We've had great service from our Samsung TVs. Everyone I know has had terrible service from Vizio. As in 2 years or so, complete failure.

Our current main TV is a 65" Samsung, Costco special, bought in June 2020. It replaced a December 2016 55" Samsung Costco TV that is at my mother's house now and still going strong.

We have two other Samsungs, both 32", I think both were $170 Amazon specials. Both going strong. The only problem we've had with a Samsung is a cat wanted to walk on the TOP EDGE on one that was a week old. Needless to say, the TV and Cat ended up on the floor and the TV was done.

At the current time I have a 65" Q60 QLED TV I been thinking about getting a 75" I noticed Sam's Club has a Vizio 75" M75 QLED for $850. With a 3-year warranty.. or $699. at Walmart without the warranty.. Obviously Samsung is a better TV.. can any of you comment about the Vizio M75.
Thank you
I honestly don think you can say your Samsung is better than the Vizio. Though you dont say what model. If I had to choose I would be biased to Samsung for sure.
All the manufacturers have base models, then mid level to high end. I guess if you go to the manufacturers site and look up what you may have a better idea.
BTW - QLED a "trademark" of a commonly used LED panel. Just because someone may not use the word QLED the technology is the same, Sony invented it.
The stand out technology depending on if you want it is the one and only LG OLED which is truly different and now used by other companies.
SO there is LGs OLED panels and there is everything else that is the same.

Dollar for dollar - Vizio has good TV’s … got several … only TV on the blink is a Sony
Samsung is generally more than I’ll pay - and KORUS is only working for them …

My 2015 Vizio 43" is still running well. Agree with others that a Smart TV may not be worth it as they tend to date. Mine can't add apps but works fine with Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO Max. YouTube and many more.

Only criticisms are the remote is a bit clunky, particularly for fast forwarding/reversing movies, and the sound could be better. Just need to remember to adjust to the regular English from English 5.1(default) in the sound options every time I launch a program in Netflix. I don't use additional speakers.

We bought a Samsung QLED QN90A last year. While it has been a good TV, I wish we had bought a LG OLED instead.

Do your research on the different types of Vizio TV's. The "P" series of Vizio is one of the best. Read more about the "series" online or avs forums. My last Vizio TV lasted 12 years. We now have a HiSense TV.

You couldn't pay me enough to own a Samsung anything.
I did quickly, but I just looked at the M series because of the sale. I know the p series is the top of the line
I honestly don think you can say your Samsung is better than the Vizio. Though you dont say what model. If I had to choose I would be biased to Samsung for sure.
All the manufacturers have base models, then mid level to high end. I guess if you go to the manufacturers site and look up what you may have a better idea.
BTW - QLED a "trademark" of a commonly used LED panel. Just because someone may not use the word QLED the technology is the same, Sony invented it.
The stand out technology depending on if you want it is the one and only LG OLED which is truly different and now used by other companies.
SO there is LGs OLED panels and there is everything else that is the same.
I thought I said the model I have it is. SAMSUNG 65-Inch Class QLED 4K UHD Q70A Series Dual LED Quantum HDR Smart TV with Alexa Built-In, Motion Xcelerator Turbo+, Multi View Screen (QN65Q70AAFXZA, 2021 Model) https://a.co/d/ebR0Jfr except I got mine in 2019.

We bought a Vizio 50” at Walmart just over five years ago. It’s a E model so I assume that’s the cheaper line. Still works well. The only negative is the speakers are tiny and tinny so we bought a Yamaha sound bar and that made all the difference.

Can you expound on the reason for this?
The sound is muffled with difficulty following voices if I don't change it from the default setting to "Original English". Default is 5.1. Not certain, but if you have a separate speaker set-up probably won't be a problem. I use the available speakers incorporated within the TV. I am talking specifically about Netflix, that allows you to change the setting after you launch the program. Other streaming services may not have this feature but are significantly less problematic.

Hope I have answered your question Hillbilly Deluxe?

How come?
Sports and News channels like to keep a lot of static banners, OLEDs are a matrix of millions of small LEDs, and the LEDs will fade as they are used, persistent images will cause certain colors to fade quicker and create a sort of a burned in image on the screen.

Honestly the biggest drawback with Samsung and the primary reason why I won't consider one is lack of Dolby Vision support. Until they quit being so stubborn and throw in the towel on HDR 10+ exclusivity I'm out.

Additionally, I don't care about the smart platform...the way to go for best streaming performance and better future proofing is to use a media streamer and plug that in for your needs.

Last edited:
I can’t stand Vizio TVs. Whenever I see them in a store they usually have some defect like dead pixels, discoloration, or usually they flicker rapidly.

The TVs on display are not reality. The electrical supply is erratic-probably some low grade interference, and they are on many hours in the day. I wouldn't base my purchase decision on what I see on the display models.

Of those 2, Samsung. I’m still jaded by my first and only Vizio that had the backlight start failing 3 months after the warranty period.

Played the panel lottery with Hisense and won big. Blows our Samsung and LG out of the water.

We have 2 Vizio TV's. One is 50" and roughly 10 years old and the other is 65" and about 4 years old. No problems with with either of them.

Back