Safety Kleen base oils

Good Morning BITOGERS. My brother was asking me about Safety Kleen oils. He knows we use their oil at work. Guess he pulled trigger on few cases of their 5w40 HDEO for his Yukon and some 0w20 synthetic for the Volvo of his. He was wondering if their base oils were as good of quality as others. I told him if it’s ok and serviceable for my works vehicles it must be good and it’s API certified.

Safety Kleen uses re-refined base oils, correct?

Question for those who may know: is there only one group for re-refined oils, or can you hydrocrack a batch of mixed recycled oils into like-new Group III?

Safety Kleen uses re-refined base oils, correct?

Question for those who may know: is there only one group for re-refined oils, or can you hydrocrack a batch of mixed recycled oils into like-new Group III?
I sure would hope so since they collect over a million gallons from customers weekly🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good Morning BITOGERS. My brother was asking me about Safety Kleen oils. He knows we use their oil at work. Guess he pulled trigger on few cases of their 5w40 HDEO for his Yukon and some 0w20 synthetic for the Volvo of his. He was wondering if their base oils were as good of quality as others. I told him if it’s ok and serviceable for my works vehicles it must be good and it’s API certified.
Their base oils are Group II+, which means they are most similar to Mobil's EHC bases, which fall under the same category.

They have three viscosities:
~3cSt (no Noack listed):
Screen Shot 2023-12-29 at 4.35.40 PM.jpg

~5cSt:
Screen Shot 2023-12-29 at 4.37.16 PM.jpg

~7cSt:
Screen Shot 2023-12-29 at 4.38.12 PM.jpg

So, expectedly not quite as good as more expensive/premium bases, GTL 5 has a Noack of 9% for comparison, PAO 5 6.8%. But quite good I'd say.

Their base oils are Group II+, which means they are most similar to Mobil's EHC bases, which fall under the same category.

They have three viscosities:
~3cSt (no Noack listed):
View attachment 195423

~5cSt:
View attachment 195424

~7cSt:
View attachment 195425

So, expectedly not quite as good as more expensive/premium bases, GTL 5 has a Noack of 9% for comparison, PAO 5 6.8%. But quite good I'd say.
Thank You for that info. I’ll email someone there and see if I can find NOACK

Back