Safe lights

Until I get around to putting an outlet in my safe, I'm putting battery operated touch lights in there. What is the best way to get them to stick to carpet, I tried 3M double face tape, I tried Velcro. I'm wondering if I should try hot glue or a half inch sheetrock screw?

Thank you..

IMG_20240211_135702943_HDR.jpg

What kind of safe is this? If it's fireproof I wouldn't be shooting drywall screws through it.

If it’s temporary, don’t bother trying to affix them to anything. Let them lay on any shelving you have in there.

But even to affix the permanent lighting I'm going to need to use hot glue or small Phillips head screws, the double face tape doesn't work..

My safe has (3) LED strips that are motion activated. The lights are encased in a rigid clear strips, (3) of them, that run over the door and both left and right sides on the inside of the door frame. The wires connecting all three all tucked into the carpet trim that lines the entire safe. The light strip themselves are not affixed to anything but since they are rigid, they stay in place due to the wires being tucked. Make sense?

My safe has (3) LED strips that are motion activated. The lights are encased in a rigid clear strips, (3) of them, that run over the door and both left and right sides on the inside of the door frame. The wires connecting all three all tucked into the carpet trim that lines the entire safe. The light strip themselves are not affixed to anything but since they are rigid, they stay in place due to the wires being tucked. Make sense?
Yes I follow what you're saying..

If Velcro sticks to the interior lining, I’d just use the original backing, and stick it up. If that adhesive doesn’t work well enough I’d just use hot glue or contact cement.

You can use tape, but you need the right type. 3M VHB will hold **** near anything. You can find it on Amazon.
That's what I was using on the puck lights, but it wasn't sticking to the carpet, stick that to some Sheetrock though, and it'll peel that sheetrock facing right off..🤣🤣🤣 I have the electric ran in the safe, I purchased a stealth, multi outlet kit, I'm waiting on some lighting to come today.
I just need to figure out how to hide all these wires.. I have OCD and they are bugging the hell out of me, LOL.

I used LED tape lights attached to the inside of the door frame. Provides a surprising amount of light. The kit I used had a wireless remote on/off/dimmer 🤪 Ordered a bag of straight and 90-degree end connectors to go with it.

Similar: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MHLIFO8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

The metal frame around the door opening is not carpet covered which made installation easier.
Yeah I see that one doesn't have a wireless, so that one as soon as I cut the strand of LEDs, the other side wouldn't work, if I didn't bother doing the top and the bottom..

Update!! Electric is ran, lights are in, everything is tucked away!! I used Stealth multi outlet safe kit, the lighting is up, I used Torch Star 6 12-in LED light strips. 5000k. All in all I think everything, cost me maybe $80, and that includes the rubber grommet in the back..

Back