Rumors of changes to the LIFETIME warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, a dealer doesn't have to 'fix' anything they don't want to. That pretty much tosses MMA, "valvoline only" and lifetime out the window.

Joel

There are too many loop holes that let them wiggle off the hook. They are not in the business to lose money, and rest assured the lifetime warranty will not be a money losing venture.

I'd say put a fork in em', they're about done. Rented a brand new Avenger four door with 15K on it. The thing sounded like it was going to fall apart when accelerating, very cheap interior that had a lot of gaps, etc. There is just no incentive to buy a Dodge product with other offerings of higher quality IMHO>

I talked with a rep at a car show recently and he said the usual to keep the receipts, etc. I'm a LONG way from looking at another vehicle, so I won't bother checking into it further.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
iirc, that's how Hundai's warranty "works".

Technically this may be false but in the real world it is true. My buddy at work did his own maintenance by the book on his Hundai but when on a cross country trip the engine seized suddenly it was "his fault because he did not perform the maintenance properly".

What the law says and what happens every day are seldom the same.

JKH

Why does an engine seize? incorrect oil level? incorrect oil? incorrect OCI for driving style?
Sure, some will fail due to MFG issues. But, there are times I will agree with the dealer. And, there are times that I would agree with the owner. The facts aren't known for all the complainers out there. Once the facts are gathered, usually by lawyer(maintenance records, owners competence, engine family history...), one could have a better understanding of the conclusion. Most automakers have escalation and steps to take if you disagree with the dealers 'voided warranty claim'. Most owners are too ignorant to prove their situation. Its easy to cry, complain, and pay.

All they have to do is increase the price, and include free lifetime service with the lifetime warranty. I wonder how the numbers are adding up at Cerebrus. What happened to the clown the milked and left homedepot? What company does he work for now? How many hundread of millions will he get to quit when he runs another company into the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back