Rules: In our modern society today--which ones are routinely broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to one thing I do daily: the gym. People don't flush or wash their hands after the bathroom, put their weights away, wipe down their equipment, or have no common sense to not work out in front of the dumbbell rack or right in front of the mirror blocking somebody else. It's a cesspool now.

1. Libraries. As a kid, we feared the librarian and her SHHHhH. Our library here is a jungle with kids running around and people having full level conversations.

2. Schools. Ever drop off a kid? The drop off lane is a quick way to raise blood pressure. Parents waiting until they are at the drop off point to have their kids grab their bags, holding up the line. Mine were ready to jump out of the car as if they were a pakora trooper to avoid holding up progress. Plus the rich moms who find themselves holier than though and drive around the line to the front.

3. School bus red light flashing. This one is getting scary and serious.

4. Bicyclists on the roads not following the rules of the road. Stops signs, for example.

It's not entirely a modern thing.
I'm not saying it is.

I'm saying that in the modern, connected world that there's no way in hell that someone does not know what the Colosseum is and that they should not vandalize it for the sake of their own selfish vanity. It was just an example since it's been in the news twice lately.

In 5.1 miles this morning 4 people in 4 different occurances, blatantly ran red lights at 45+ mph. Haven't seen a Local LEO in days. No wonder.
Driving at noon yesterday. My light just went yellow then red so I am just stopping. As I stop first in line there is the sound of a loud explosion! BOOM! Smoke n debris flies all over to my left in the opposite lane. Looking over things, glass n car parts had just flown up in the air and across my lane (thankfully) missing my car. I look left at the side street and see the front end of a car is separated from the car and smoke everywhere. Looked like a once nice new Mustang. As I am trying to figure what just happened I look in my driver side mirror and now I know. There is a SUV upside down and still spinning in the opposite lane just behind where I am a few yards. Thank full they did not glance over from collision into me sitting there. Just that fast there were about 10 guys running to the SUV to attend to who was inside. Apparently this big Range Rover was going at a really high rate of speed in a 45mph area n tried to beat the yellow - then - red light I had just barely stopped at. This big SUV totally destroyed that Mustang and actually did not appear too bad off considering. People need to try to remember - dont chance it at lights. Look to make sure someone is not running the light before you ease out. Scary. I was on way to Doctor and do not know the injuries. Could have been real bad if that SUV had got me head on.

Lately my wait after the light turns green has tripled. People just keep increasing the risk factor by going faster and taking bigger chances by running red lights 2 to 3 seconds after the light turns red. I may get a horn toot for waiting a second or two but I AM STILL ALIVE

I do the same at the light . I'll look both ways to make sure no one is in a hurry to beat the light . Those few seconds have helped to avoid few potential mishaps . Hopefully the driver of the car behind doesn't get riled up during those couple of seconds .

Last edited:
All the garbage on the sides of the roads and at parking lots ( Walmart, etc. ) states the shape of society .

I regularly find beer cans in the ditch in the front of my house. I only wonder if they were drinking while driving before tossing them there.

How about returning phone calls? I have multiple businesses that want or have my money and are not returning calls. Is it me? Is everyone on summer vacation? I think this is the new normal.

sigh...facility is literally top notch, members, not so much....we could get into the disregard where the signs say to please wipe down after use.....but actually I found that no different when I was at Bally and LA Fitness...
You get some extra testosterone from the sweat of the person before you. Embrace it. Seriously though, unless I saw the person wipe the equipment down themselves thoroughly, I'll wipe it down my self, I just try not to get the nuclear grade sanitizer on my hands at my gym, it can't be good for you.

a man American and European banks no longer loan money to
Who if you don't mind me asking?

Smash and grab is rampant, with little more than catch and release.
You should visit Illinois in 2 months, bail is going out the window.

In Vermont, we have complex rules on waste disposal. Recyclables are to be cleaned, and kept segregated. They are to have no food contamination.
Plastic recycling doesn't work, but if you get rid of it, people will revolt. It only makes Waste Management richer, the house always wins:

This recent trend of musicians having stuff thrown at them during performances is another indicator of how people don't know how to behave themselves anymore, especially when in groups.
A sad state of affairs when netting will be erected around a stage to protect Taylor Swift from a D-Cell battery. It's only a matter of time. The D-Cell Tik Tok Challenge!

They need to establish a 5 year "No Fly List" for these rowdy animals, along with banning them from any domestic flights for 5 years.
I wouldn't be surprised if this exists, but maybe on the corporate level. I agree the bar should be pretty low for any disruptors on a plane to be federally barred.

How about returning phone calls? I have multiple businesses that want or have my money and are not returning calls. Is it me? Is everyone on summer vacation? I think this is the new normal.

You get some extra testosterone from the sweat of the person before you. Embrace it. Seriously though, unless I saw the person wipe the equipment down themselves thoroughly, I'll wipe it down my self, I just try not to get the nuclear grade sanitizer on my hands at my gym, it can't be good for you.

Who if you don't mind me asking?

You should visit Illinois in 2 months, bail is going out the window.

Plastic recycling doesn't work, but if you get rid of it, people will revolt. It only makes Waste Management richer, the house always wins:

A sad state of affairs when netting will be erected around a stage to protect Taylor Swift from a D-Cell battery. It's only a matter of time. The D-Cell Tik Tok Challenge!

I wouldn't be surprised if this exists, but maybe on the corporate level. I agree the bar should be pretty low for any disruptors on a plane to be federally barred.

There should be severe penalties for social media orgaanized riots/fights/fash mobs or attacks etc.... (minors or not).Matter of fact the minors parents should be held accountable for not keeping control of them. Minors parents should do half the jail time the minors deserve YET rarely get. What burns my _____ where the world did we come up with this NEED to protect the minors who commit deadly crimes? Yeah, they carjack and steal, pistol whip or shoot elderly and we must protect the minors!!!! BS. What about protect the victims?
We used to hang horse theives and there was no 24 years of appeals living it up with the best medical health care and living facilities even better than some innocent homeless! Sorry. Minors who commit crimes and get soft treatment burns me up.

There should be severe penalties for social media orgaanized riots/fights/fash mobs or attacks etc.... (minors or not).Matter of fact the minors parents should be held accountable for not keeping control of them. Minors parents should do half the jail time the minors deserve YET rarely get. What burns my _____ where the world did we come up with this NEED to protect the minors who commit deadly crimes? Yeah, they carjack and steal, pistol whip or shoot elderly and we must protect the minors!!!! BS. What about protect the victims?
We used to hang horse theives and there was no 24 years of appeals living it up with the best medical health care and living facilities even better than some innocent homeless! Sorry. Minors who commit crimes and get soft treatment burns me up.
Funny 2x this week kids knocked on the door and hid in the bushes. They got the response they wanted from my wife. Irate and shouting.

In my mind something like that can end in tragedy these days, best to ignore. I actually was thinking isn’t it great kids are out there actually doing something, rather than on a computer or dating app?

One relatively minor thing that drives me nuts is people walking in front of moving cars in parking lots and strip malls.

I had a dumb passive-aggressive hand-waving 'argument' with some couple who apparently thought it was going to be OK to walk across the street while I was driving past the aisle of cars they had parked in. Sorry, you're not in a crosswalk so no, I'm not going to stop to allow you to walk past me first. It takes longer for you to walk across the street in front of me than it does for me to drive past you. You and your Starbucks order can wait.

One relatively minor thing that drives me nuts is people walking in front of moving cars in parking lots and strip malls.

I had a dumb passive-aggressive hand-waving 'argument' with some couple who apparently thought it was going to be OK to walk across the street while I was driving past the aisle of cars they had parked in. Sorry, you're not in a crosswalk so no, I'm not going to stop to allow you to walk past me first. It takes longer for you to walk across the street in front of me than it does for me to drive past you. You and your Starbucks order can wait.
You aren't from around here are you?

:LOL: :cool:
(sorry couldn't resist)

That and those lazy walkers taking the shortest route even when inches from your tailgate/lift gate … Only BU cameras are saving the fools …

That and those lazy walkers taking the shortest route even when inches from your tailgate/lift gate … Only BU cameras are saving the fools …
On my morning walk I had to sprint ahead to keep from getting backed into as this guy was leaving his driveway. I thought he saw me. We made eye contact before he got into his car. Guess not. Of course the driver was parked across the sidewalk so I could not use it.

Reactions: 4WD
Funny 2x this week kids knocked on the door and hid in the bushes. They got the response they wanted from my wife. Irate and shouting.

In my mind something like that can end in tragedy these days, best to ignore. I actually was thinking isn’t it great kids are out there actually doing something, rather than on a computer or dating app?
A friend came up with what I thought was a hilarious way to deter the door bell ringers at night. He installed a hidden camera and a cheap sprinkler hose system in the front of his house. When they ring.... he hits the sprinklers and then his flood lights and he has the whole funny video of these delinquents running all over back and forth across the lawn soaking wet! LoL

A friend came up with what I thought was a hilarious way to deter the door bell ringers at night. He installed a hidden camera and a cheap sprinkler hose system in the front of his house. When they ring.... he hits the sprinklers and then his flood lights and he has the whole funny video of these delinquents running all over back and forth across the lawn soaking wet! LoL
haha I was thinking air horn or something. But it is amazing to see kids do that in 2023, as opposed to playing video games at home....there likely is a very realistic ring and run video game with multiple levels etc.

These days being rude (or responding to rudeness of others) can carry the ultimate penalty. I try my best to be polite and turn the other cheek 99% of the time. You gotta pick your battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back