Rules: In our modern society today--which ones are routinely broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules are important. Rules let me and others know what to expect. Rules prevent chaos. I like rules.

Following rules has had no negative impact on my life and quite a few positive impacts. I don't think I'm special and I don't think I'm above the rules. If I don't like someone else's rules my choices are to not participate or obey the rules. What's not to like about rules?

This X1,000! Our local LEO’s are cracking down on young folks doing burnouts in parking lots late at night. Last weekend 3 of their cars were confiscated and are set to be auctioned off in the near future. The local news reported the estimated value of the 3 cars confiscated was over 100,000 dollars and many people were arrested. (y)
Here they take over intersections in city streets. This entire street takeover burnout thing has been happening all over the country, and it started as a TikTok challenge.

True. Very true. Until someone gets hurt or killed. Then those same people will want to file a lawsuit and get massive compensation. And you'll see them on TV saying "If only there were someone there to enforce the rules and make sure people don't break them, my child wouldn't have been hurt/killed."
Just waiting for the day when someone who is very famous and powerful, is killed by a distracted driver. Things will happen to end this practice of texting while driving, among other distractions.

Reactions: 4WD
Remember safe following distance rules taught in Drivers Ed?
Tailgating is nonstop these days …

Last edited:
What rules? Around here anything goes, shoplifting, assault, all sorts of stuff go unpunished. The cops don't stop people or charge people much anymore, they know it is pointless. An example of the types of stuff that goes on here everyday.

What rules? Around here anything goes, shoplifting, assault, all sorts of stuff go unpunished. The cops don't stop people or charge people much anymore, they know it is pointless. An example of the types of stuff that goes on here everyday.

Except...ehhh...the judge was charged? He broke the rules and he's being held accountable. What you posted is antithetical to your thesis.

What I think everyone is describing is the lack of civility in our current society.
It's all about me and everyone else can come after me.
Common courtesy and good manners seem to be nonexistent these days.
A shame for all of us, especially those who behave in an uncivil manner and then wonder why everyone seems so distant and self-absorbed.
We need to remind ourselves and each other that civil behavior benefits us all.

Except...ehhh...the judge was charged? He broke the rules and he's being held accountable. What you posted is antithetical to your thesis.
But so many across the country are not. 1 judge charged. We had riots and federal buildings ransacked and set on fire. Smash and grab is rampant, with little more than catch and release.

The rules mean nothing with out enforcement. Every parent knows this, or will learn this the hard way.

But so many across the country are not. 1 judge charged. We had riots and federal buildings ransacked and set on fire. Smash and grab is rampant, with little more than catch and release.

The rules mean nothing with out enforcement. Every parent knows this, or will learn this the hard way.
ok..but THAT example did not in any way support what he said. As I've said, I like rules, and there should be appropriate consequences for not following rules. I'm glad that judge was charged. He will have his day and justice will be served.

It will be swept away as always. They will send him for some "training" and a day of community service, and he will still be a judge.

It will be swept away as always. They will send him for some "training" and a day of community service, and he will still be a judge.

He got the hook up:

He got the hook up:

Yep, just like these thousands.

Rules for yee, not for thee. You silly serfs.

So if all these judges are not following the rules, why on earth should anyone else? I feel like a complete tool for following the rules all these years.

She got off, the state claimed she was unjustly charged. That is the point, you can do the crime and go unpunished in this state.

What I think everyone is describing is the lack of civility in our current society.
It's all about me and everyone else can come after me.
Common courtesy and good manners seem to be nonexistent these days.
A shame for all of us, especially those who behave in an uncivil manner and then wonder why everyone seems so distant and self-absorbed.
We need to remind ourselves and each other that civil behavior benefits us all.
Civil behavior will get you a knock on the head, shot, stabbed or mugged in some places. Do not go strolling in some downtown after dark or even in daylight for that matter without carrying something and know how to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back