Royal Purple??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CELICA_XX
Originally Posted By: wemay
Amsoil is a great product that i just have no interest in.

You change your mind (and your signature) so often... I suspect you'll be a Royal Purple fan within a few months!

OCD since i joined. I'm set now though.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
What happened here? A RP thread that is already dying, after only 6 pages and just over 24 hours? How can this be?

Because they won't send me my free bottle of assembly lube. They're really missing the boat. I might be inclined to buy a case of oil and endorse their product if they would just send me a free 2-oz bottle of assembly lube.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I had a $10 rebate from Advance Auto parts. $21.12 after tax and before rebate.. $11.21 after rebate for 5 qts of Havoline Pro DS 10w30.
Yes I'm well aware of Wally worlds pricing of Valvoline 10w30 full synthetic Maxlife. It is a great everyday deal there. I agree with ya on that. That's not a rollback price. Valvoline is a fine oil. I used it a good bit in my Ford Fusion. May well run that 10w30 if no others are on a good sale
smile.gif

good deal! How can I get that $10 rebate?

Hey man:) I got a $10 rebate card for getting the Pennzoil Platinum 5 qts and choice of filter a month ago... So I was able to use it in the already great priced Havoline Pro DS at $19.99
smile.gif
So $11 oil change after tax. A good score.
Advance Auto has exact same sale for Pennzoil going right now.. So you could get the Pennzoil Platinum now... And when AAP runs the Havoline on sale for their regular price of $22.99 you could use the rebate card and pay just $12.99 for it. They run the $22.99 Havoline specials a fair amount. Only maybe twice a year they run the $19.99 one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
It's pretty much unanimous that we all hate Royal Purple. They're the cheapest S.O.B's on the face of the Earth.

They won't even send a guy a free sample of assembly lube.

Them not giving you something for free makes them the cheapest SOBs on earth? sounds like it should be the other way around....and no, your opinion of RP is in no way unanimous.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: jk_636
Now your just trying to be funny huh? It is what it is, that filter is built like a boss. The can thickness is 2-3 times thicker than anything else I have ever seen. Champion Labs got it right on that one.

How does can thickness improve filtering efficiency ?

I've not seen a spate of exploded cans.

the extra thickness would add 3c max to the construction cost of a filter.

No one said that can thickness has anything to do with efficiency. It sounds like you are arguing just to be argumentative. It does make them stronger and more resistant to damage. A good trait to have in a high end filter.

What happened here? A RP thread that is already dying, after only 6 pages and just over 24 hours? How can this be?

Because they won't send me my free bottle of assembly lube. They're really missing the boat. I might be inclined to buy a case of oil and endorse their product if they would just send me a free 2-oz bottle of assembly lube.

Are you really too cheap to buy a 2 oz bottle of assembly lube? And you accuse them of being cheap.....

Well, I guess I'll have popcorn and soda left over for the next time.

RP emulsifies in the presence of BITOG.

It's pretty much unanimous that we all hate Royal Purple. They're the cheapest S.O.B's on the face of the Earth.

Them not giving you something for free makes them the cheapest SOBs on earth? sounds like it should be the other way around....and no, your opinion of RP is in no way unanimous.

Now your just trying to be funny huh? It is what it is, that filter is built like a boss. The can thickness is 2-3 times thicker than anything else I have ever seen. Champion Labs got it right on that one.

No one said that can thickness has anything to do with efficiency. It sounds like you are arguing just to be argumentative. It does make them stronger and more resistant to damage. A good trait to have in a high end filter.

Are you really too cheap to buy a 2 oz bottle of assembly lube? And you accuse them of being cheap.....

Merkava is cool (I think,) but Royal Purple is handling him like a boss in a confident business. They don't feel the need to set a precedent for handing out free product when people buy their stuff so frequently that they do well off of it. They also realize that they then have to send out more since, Merkava then says "Hey, I got it free."

Cheapness knows no bounds. We have a guy. Has a Volvo. (Its an S80 from 2000 or so.. ok.) Comes in. Makes coffee. (Usually has us make a new pot too.) Reads the paper. EVERY PAPER. IN the store.. Sips the new coffee. Probably loaded up with sugar and creamer. Sips.. reads EVERY PAPER.. takes his time. Refills coffee at least once. Sips. Then.. fills cup.. then pays.. for REFILL. I questioned him about how he can read papers, and not buy. He acted like he didn't have to talk to me. This the kind of person that is cheap ad [censored]... I wonder if it's Merkava.

"Not free enough," they say. I think it's kinda funny that he needs to get over on us in that way... I see some new level of cheapness every once in awhile.

That's exactly what I was wondering, but I was trying to avoid being contentious. But now that you already said it, I'll join in.

Why don't you just go buy a tube? After all, a 2 oz. tube of assembly lube really isn't a sample, it's enough to do the job.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
OVER priced and Over rated.

Have you ever even used any of RPs oil lines? Or are you just one of those that chime in on a conversation with an opinion about a product they know nothing about?

Quote:

I might be inclined to buy a case of oil and endorse their product if they would just send me a free 2-oz bottle of assembly lube.

Right, sure you are.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
OVER priced and Over rated.

Have you ever even used any of RPs oil lines? Or are you just one of those that chime in on a conversation with an opinion about a product they know nothing about?

Mob mentality

Merk should make that his new signature.
wink.gif

We know RP can't win. The API stuff is rebranded Valvoline with purple dye. The non-API stuff is useless because it meets no specifications. And it's all a ripoff because it's not part of the "people of Walmart" experience.

Originally Posted By: Garak

We know RP can't win. The API stuff is rebranded Valvoline with purple dye. The non-API stuff is useless because it meets no specifications. And it's all a ripoff because it's not part of the "people of Walmart" experience.

01.gif

01.gif

The majority of the people on BITOG want nothing but Walmart oils. This makes the topics for discussion here pretty boring to say the least.

Did you tell them you're from BITOG?

You mean like your comment on Redline?
28.gif

Alright, alright, I'm a jerk. I just couldn't pass it up. Just ribbin ya a little.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111

No I didn't. I used my real name and my personal email account.

Merk should make that his new signature.
wink.gif

It isn't rebranded Valvoline. It is a synthetic base stock made for RP and is blended with proprietary additives (depending on what line you are using).

So because some of their oils don't meet a certain specifications set by a third party entity that makes them useless? Nothing could be further from the truth. People all over the world use those oils on a regular basis for automotive and industrial applications and these oils are regarded as some, if not the best, on earth. These aren't non-API oils like you see on PQIAs danger list, they are highly refined and specialized synthetics that don't meet some third party organization. You should really do a little more research before you start bashing such a product.

Originally Posted By: RazorsEdge

The majority of the people on BITOG want nothing but Walmart oils. This makes the topics for discussion here pretty boring to say the least.

I couldn't agree more. Not only do most want Walmart oils and filters, but they all want to expect the cheapest oils and filters to last for unrealistic service intervals, then gripe incessantly when they inevitably fail. Some of the members of this forum are a different breed for sure...

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar

You mean like your comment on Redline?
28.gif

Alright, alright, I'm a jerk. I just couldn't pass it up. Just ribbin ya a little.

I have had experience with redline products. I wasn't overly impressed. I don't give out opinions on products I have never used.

For example, I may make comments about Amsoils [censored] marketing and distribution system, but not their products as a whole as I have not used them yet.

But when someone here starts an RP thread, throngs of people that have no experience with RP aside from seeing it in the stores chime in on how much of a gimmick it is or whatever their "opinions" are that they parrot back from someone else that they read on the Internet.

Those who have actually used the products will tell you they saw a noticeable difference. Those who haven't will call it Overpriced, purple dyed Valvoline blended with unicorn tears.

camrydriver111 said:

No I didn't. I used my real name and my personal email account.
Why in the world should they give you anything for free? Do you own an oil distributor that is looking to carry their products? Are you a city or local government looking to change your fleet over to Royal Purple? Perhaps a world class race car driver that wants to use them as a sponsor?

No. Just some guy who is too cheap to shell out a couple bucks for some assembly lubricant.

Royal Purple has some of the best customer service on earth. I have personally contacted them and they returned my phone call the same day and fixed the problem promptly. But they sure as [censored] aren't going to give you anything for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back