Rotella T6 5w40 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah dude said he makes a living selling amsoil I think he was just trying to make his product look better.

Last edited:
So you guys still feel the t6 5w40 is one of the best to use in a mc? Im trying to decide between this and the amsoil 10w40 in a air cooled engine wet clutch atv engine.

Rotella T6 5w40 is good for motorcycles, but it's my opinion it's for low-heat water-cooled bikes like my Kawasaki 1500, not air-cooled, which I think air-cooled like your ATV engine would need something like a heavier 20w50 synthetic. I think a synthetic like Amsoil 20w50 for air-cooled would be better for your ATV or Mobil 1 15w50 synthetic. I use Rotella T6 5w40 spring/fall and Rotella T 15w40 in summer.

Japanese cycles have spec'd 10W-40 oil in air cooled engines for years; some still do.
Even Victory cycles call for 20W-40 and the 5W-40 Rotella works fine in those bikes too.
Some newer cycles, water cooled are now calling for 10W-30, so thicker isn't necessarily better.
How long do you run that ATV at a time?
How much of that is idleing?
The high cost of Amsoil seems like overkill to me.

Originally Posted By: Degreaser
So you guys still feel the t6 5w40 is one of the best to use in a mc? Im trying to decide between this and the amsoil 10w40 in a air cooled engine wet clutch atv engine.

Rotella T6 5w40 is good for motorcycles, but it's my opinion it's for low-heat water-cooled bikes like my Kawasaki 1500, not air-cooled, which I think air-cooled like your ATV engine would need something like a heavier 20w50 synthetic. I think a synthetic like Amsoil 20w50 for air-cooled would be better for your ATV or Mobil 1 15w50 synthetic. I use Rotella T6 5w40 spring/fall and Rotella T 15w40 in summer.

Yeah Yamaha air cooled twins always speced a 40wt oil. I just run 50 weight cause I am buzzing down the road at over 5k RPM in 90 plus degree heat. For a larger displacement bike with lower revs, a 40 weight would be fine.

My atv calls for 10w40, and 20w40 for hot weather. So I figured the t6 might be a good match. I would be trail riding it not racing might have some periods of idle maybe 5min at longest. Not saying I wont push it much though I always seem to push my engines but try to take good care of them otherwise.

Last edited:
Use a HDEO and change it often and you'll be taken care of it,them yammie engines are tough as [censored].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back